Just the other day we had the kids at the doctor. We had discussed the eating habits of my almost 2 year old and how he just loves Popsicle’s and with teeth still coming in we thought this is good for him. The doctor mentioned that all the sugar in popsicles can be filling up his stomach, and can be harmful to his newly coming in teeth.
I also have a four year old that is in high gear all day long. Running back and forth never slowing down for a minute. My daughter is looking for snacks immediately after school and it’s usually something loaded up with sugar that she chooses.
There was a recent Survey conducted during Nov. 2-6, 2009 commissioned by Popsicle polled 500 Mom’s with children under the age of 18 that lived in the home. This survey showed that nearly 80% of Moms break into their children snack and dessert stash and so they try to avoid having candy and baked goods in the home.
~60 % of Mom’s agree that its tough to find desserts that satisfy both the kids and themselve’s
~Three in four moms agree that its tough to find desserts that kids enjoy that are not bad for them.
I never really thought about the low calorie low sugar snacks much until discussing it with my pediatrician. I know its not good for them and they get plenty of exercise but the truth is beside Fruit what else is there …Until now.
Popsicle has come out with Sugar Free Treats. Better-For-You Popsicle that are Sugar Free in great flavors like Tropicals, Orange, Cherry, Grape and Healthy Bunch. There is also the ever so tasty Low calorie Fudgsicles. That come in No Sugar, Low Fat, 100 Calorie, and Fat Free. (Great for those of us on a diet or trying to eat healthier)
I went shopping today at Jewel this week and found the Low Calorie Fudgsicles and the No Sugar Cherry, Grape and Orange Popsicles they were priced at $3.99 each with 12 popsicles in each box.
About an hour after dinner the kids are usually looking for a snack. Our house Ice Cream and Popsicles are not just for the summer, but all year round. I let the kids pick thier flavor, and of course I had to choose too. I know what your thinking No popsicles for me with my loose weight, eat healthy New Years promise, but if you take a look the Fudgsicles are only 60 Calories each! Woo Whooo
Look at my 4 yrs eyes on his first taste. He loves them. And has no clue that it’s Sugar Free. heee heee.
Visit Popsicle and look through all the Yummy Varieties they have to offer. Come back and tell me which one you would buy with your coupon is you won. Leave me a way to contact you.
- 1 Entry-Follow me on Blogger
- 1 entry-Add my button to your blog let me know where to find it
- 1 Entry- Subscribe to my Emails
- 1 Entry- Follow me on Networked blogs on Facebook leave your name or 1st and initial of last.
- 5 entries- Blog about this giveaway with a link to me and one to www.popsicle.com
- 1 entry- Enter another of my giveaways (1 for each that you do) list on left side bar
- 1x Daily- Follow @Popsicle and @Nightowlmama and tweet this RT@Nightowlmama 2 Popsicle Product #Giveaway ending 2NIGHT http://bit.ly/9QivSd
- 2 Entries- Follow XmasDolly (my Mom) and leave her a comment on any post (She fell yesterday and was in the hospital and I hope it will brighten her day)
- 1 Entry- Fav me in Technorati (find the button on my right sidebar under Twitter follow) leave me your Technorati name
Unlimited: Leave me a NEW comment on any non-giveaway post and just return here and tell me the title (Only 1 comment allowed per post please)
Rules: Giveaway ends Feb. 10, 2009. Must be 18 to enter. U.S Residents Only please. All entries will be verified. Those that do not follow the rules can not win and will be disqualified without notice. 5 Winners will be chosen using random.org and sent a winning email. You must reply within 72 hrs or a new winner will be selected.