From an early age kids love helping out in the kitchen, baking cookies, setting the table, playing with food, etc….. Kids explore the imagination and enjoy re-enacting real role play with a pretend kitchen, dishes and food. I remember as a kid I’d love playing pretend kitchen, pretending to cook, set the table for my dolls with play food. What I remember most is that it was all made of cheap plastic. Today toys are so much more.
Melissa and Doug has really wonderful presentation of pretend food. Having food that looks similar to real food that we put on our plates and see in stores is so much more fun to play with and brings out reality kitchen role playing with food. The Melissa and Doug Food Groups is a great set for kids. There are four wooden crates that contain a total of 21 wooden pieces containing several items from each of the 4 food groups. Dairy, Meat/Fish, Grains/Breads, and Vegetables/Fruit(produce). The wooden baskets are perfect for storing the food when not in use and each food group helps to educate children on what food groups certain things items fall into. Kids can set the table with several items from each of the food groups. The one thing that really got my attention was that all of the food items were made of realistically painted colorful wood. Not cheap plastic. Colorful and creative. Such items as sliced egg and sliced bread, milk, fish, watermelon, hot dog(with grill lines)and so much more. The different shapes are wonderful, too. I can’t help but feel that with the kids playing with Melissa and Doug play food groups their pretend play imagination can promote healthy eating and learning opportunities.
This wonderful set will help to keep children busy while you cook breakfast, lunch or dinner they too can prepare and set their very own table. All they will need is a pretend play kitchen to go along with their food.
Boys and girls both enjoy pretend roll play in the kitchen, so be sure to check out The Pretend Play Kitchen shop for great kitchen sets from Melissa and Doug, Kidkraft kitchen, and Guidecraft sets, too.
They now have Free Shipping on all orders and if anyone signs up for their mailing list you’ll get an instant $5.00 off coupon too!
Win It: Pretend Play Kitchens is offering Night Owl Mama readers the Opportunity to win 1 Melissa and Doug Play Food Groups. You don’t need to be a blogger to enter. Simply fulfill the requirements and any additional entries that can be fulfilled to enter. Open to U.S
Required Entry: Visit Pretend Play Kitchen Shop and have a look around. Find another fun interesting item that catches your eye and return to tell us about it.
- Like Melissa and Doug on Facebook and Fan NightOwlMama 1 for each that you do
- 10 Entries: Add Play Kitchens text link to your side bar (or their button!) you can copy and paste this http://www.playkitchenshop.com
- 5 Entries: Sign up for their newsletter from Pretend Play Kitchen shop http://www.pretendplaykitchenshop.com & Get an instant $5.00 Off Coupon!
- Follow me on Google Friend connect
- 5 entries: Sign up for my emails don’t forget to confirm. Leave me your email address to verify
- Grab my Night Owl Mama Button post on your site and let me know where to find it leave me a link so I can come by to say Hi
- 5 Extra: Blog about this Giveaway add a link to this page and www..com
- Enter any of my Giveaways on the right side bar and/or head on over to Jennifer’s at Life Is A SandCastle and Enter any of her exciting Giveaways 1 for each that you do
- 2x’s daily: Follow @PlayKitchen & @NightOwlMama On Twitter and Tweet this giveaway ” @PlayKitchen Melissa and Doug Play Food Groups #Giveaway @Nightowlmama http://nblo.gs/9qihu ends 11/15
- Leave a NEW Comment on any Non-Giveaway Post here at Night Owl Mama leave me the name of the post you commented on *1xtra entry for each
- Digg or Stumble this post for 1 extra entry for each
Disclaimer: Product reviewed above was supplied at no cost to us for review. Thoughts are 100% our own, others may have a different opinion.
This Product Was a Free Giveaway
Sponsored by Tomoson.com
RULES: Open to U.S Only Residents Only. Giveaway ends Nov 15, 2010 at 11:59pm. Must me 18+ years old to enter. Only 1 person per household may enter. If rules are not followed your entry is ineligible to win. Winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted by email. You will have 72 hours to return my email before prize is forfeited and another chosen.
Thanks for Entering,