Having wall to wall carpeting throughout the house is wonderful but Professional Carpet cleaning sure can get expensive. I’ve rented a Carpet cleaner several times a year to save money but some how I never have enough time to get it clean in one day and it always ends up costing me almost as much money as having professionals come out every 6 months. Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner offers Professional carpet cleaning results anytime your carpet needs cleaning and what’s really great is once you own it the only extra cost is the cleaning solution.
When you have children or pets your carpets take a beating. Spills are inevitable, and keeping dirty shoes off is nearly impossible. Cleaning them on a regular bases will help you keep your carpets looking newer longer. Having the convenience of being able to pull out the machine and spot clean, clean up spills or clean all the carpets in the house regularly will leave your home and carpets feeling and looking revitalized.
Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet cleaner cleans and removes more dirt with using MaxExtract Technology and provides effortless cleaning with an intelligent cleaning system. Features multi-directional scrubbing brushes to loosen the dirt, lift it out and removes it from your carpet fibers. That’s not all. They also help to wake up those fibers getting them clean from all angles so that they really wake up your carpet and leave it looking fresh and almost like new. You’ll get integrated spot cleaning with the concentrated “stream” or “spray” with the professional strength carpet and upholstery detergent for getting out the toughest dirt and stains and best for cleaning those high traffic areas and more.
Pre-programed cleaning takes the guess work out of cleaning your carpets. Wash auto rinse mode cleans large carpets. It washes the carpet as you move forward and then auto rinses the carpets as you move backwards. There are indicator lights that lets you know exactly when each mode is in operation. Hoover is the only carpet cleaner that has the auto rinse mode. There is a Led blue light that helps illuminate stains and know when to use extra cleaning solution. The high velocity suction removes the soap residue and dirty water from your carpets then forced heat helps speed up drying time. Initially 2-4 hours depending on your carpets and ventilation in the room. Giving the carpet an extra rinse is made easy with the Rinse Only mode. Rinsing the carpet is important because any soap left in the carpet can attract more dirt. It’s great for rinsing out the spot cleaner or for getting a extra rinse after cleaning up spills. I especially like this
Got stairs to clean? The Hoover has attachments for that. The hose is already connected and with the convenient space savers and spot holders you’ll find those attachments in reach. Simply use the powered scrubbing tool, upholstery brush or crevice tool for cleaning area rugs, stairs, mattresses, upholstery, cleaning the carpets in your car and more. The advantages for owning your own carpet cleaner are endless.
Check tank indicator light alerts you to changing a full dirty water tank, out of clean water or out of cleaning solution. The red light is lit in the area making it easy for you to know exactly what part of the tank needs attention. Once you have emptied and replaced or filled properly the lights will turn off once you turn on the machine.
Hoover Carpet Cleaner Features
- Easy Assembly
- MaxExtract Technology
- Multi Directional cleaning Brushes
- Pre-Programmed Cleaning
- Machine mixes right amount of solution for you
- For use with Carpets and Rugs
- 3 multi-use attachments
- Rinse Mode
- Spill Pick Up Mode
- Spot Clean/ Stream or spray
- LED Light to help you spot Stains
- Check Tank Indicator Lights
- Large Wheels for easy Pushing
- Brushes and containers remove for cleaning
- Comes with 2 bottles of Cleaning Detergent
- 6 year Warranty
Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner or Cleaning Solution is available on Amazon.com for $315.54. A 50 ounce bottle of Hoover Cleaning Solution is available for discount price of $19.56
After having used the Hoover Carpet Cleaner on my carpets I see why users give it such high ratings on Amazon.com. Watching the Hoover carpet cleaning video reviews on Amazon.com and youtube helped me out tremendously as far as features and usage. I’m more of a visual learner then a learn by written direction. Assembly was super simple. It was a matter of screwing on the handle into the base and your finished. A quick assembly guide along with instruction booklet is included so if you need to get started in a hurry it’s all right there for you. The one major difference that I noticed with this carpet cleaner is that the multi directional brushes really cleaned every single fiber of my carpet almost as if it was individually. My carpet has really takin a beating over the last few of months from soda and juice spills, medicine spill, and just basic usage by 6 people and our guests. I should be embarrassed by how dirty my carpet was when you look at the pictures. Seeing my carpet now after it’s been cleaned I’m really impressed. The carpet doesn’t look matted down any longer and it actually looks like it has new life in it. The carpets are only a little over 5 years old and now they look fantastic.
There are 3 separate containers one for cleaning solution, one for clean hot water and one for the dirty water and stuff that comes out of your carpet.
Yes, that dirty water is from my carpet. Embarrassing to see how dirty it was but a good feeling to know that the dirt is no longer in my carpet. There were some carpet fiber dirt and clumps of hair that was left in the strainer and dirty tub, I never got that with the rental. Hoover offers a whole different kinda clean.
The Led indicator dial is awesome! I love being able to select the specific cleaning mode that my carpet needs and go right to work. Not having to mix or pre-measure cleaning solution is a fantastic. That was one of the things I hated about carpet cleaner rentals. Another thing that I find so wonderful is the drying time. We have a thick Mohawk carpet. When we have them professionally cleaned or use a rental drying time was almost always 24 hours. Drying time with Hoover was approximately 4-6 hours with just leaving a few spots semi damp. The carpet was dry by the end of the evening and we were able to put our furniture back in and the kids were able to return to playing. Walking on the carpets a day later the carpet feels thicker. It looks groomed. With clean carpets I feel better about letting my kids lay on the carpet to watch television. I can’t wait for friends and family to come to see their reaction on how clean my carpets actually look. I swear my pictures and video do not do the cleaning justice. I do have to mention that some of the stains did not come out but I can’t expect miracles. I absolutely would recommend the cleaner to friends and family.
A few side notes:
- When removing the dirty water container lift up slowly. Do it quickly and your liable to have some dirty water spill out the bottom.
- When placing the clean water container back in from refilling make sure it snaps in correctly or the indicator light will tell you it’s still empty.
- When using the spot cleaner select the desired mode by turning the dial to spray or stream. Using the Spray continuously will have you going through more solution than necessary.
- Do not dump dirty water into your bathtub. I found plenty of carpet fibers with the first cleaning that would of surly clog my drain. I used a strainer after and dumped in the toilet.
- Do not try to carry up the stairs when all tanks are full. The handle can release making the rest of your flight upward awkward and heavier. Carrying them up separately makes it easier.
- If your machine quits working try unplugging it for a few minutes then plugging it back in
- Sit back and enjoy your beautifully cleaned carpets. Cleaning them regularly once a month or every other month will keep them looking clean all year around.
In a week or so I’ll be sharing another post and video review on using the Hoover spin scrub accessories that come with this model. Be sure to watch for those because I’ll be offering more tips and more features and benefits of using the Hoover Platinum collection carpet cleaner and offering more entries into this giveaway.
Disclaimer: See full disclosure link at top of blog
Win It: Hoover is generously offering a Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet cleaner just like the one I reviewed here to one lucky Night owl Mama reader.
Required entry: Visit www.Hoover.com and have a look around. Tell me one thing you’ve learned or another product that you would love to own. No duplicate comments please. I will know if you did not visit the site. This must be completed before you are eligible for extra entries. Open to all U.S and Canada Resident. Please see rules for more details.
Optional Additional Entries available
If you commented on Extra Entries for January Giveaway post and did all of the available entries be sure to leave a comment for the amount of extra entries you qualified for. I believe some of you were confused because you left those entries numbered as you did them. But you’ll need to leave comments for those here. ex.” shared on facebook, tweet and posted button 15 entries #1″,(next comment) #2 etc. leave a comment for each entry. Each that you did prior to Jan. 7th was for a total of 5 entries. Be sure to leave a comment for each entry. If your still confused please contact me. nightowlmamablogs at gmail dot com
- 10 Entries: Blog about this Giveaway with a url link back to this post and one to www.Hoover.com Include the Hoover Giveaway button in the post for an extra 2 entries. (That will be a total of 12 entries)
- Share your Thoughts on My review
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Network Blogs (widget on right side bar)
- Subscribe to Nightly Updates (emails)
- 2 Entries: Like Hoover on Facebook
- 2 Entries: Follow @HooverClean on Twitter
- 2 Entries: Be my friend on Facebook @Nightowlmama
- 5 Entries: Add My New “the Night Owl Mama” button to your side bar. Having the old one doesn’t count leave me a link to your blog so I can come by to say Hi
- 3x Daily (must be at least 1 hour apart): Follow me on Twitter @Nightowlmama and tweet this “Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner Giveaway @Nightowlmama http://thenightowlmama.com ends 2/7/2011″ leave me a link to your tweet by clicking the time stamp and copy and paste the url here in the comments
- Enter any other Giveaway here on Night Owl Mama ( found on right side bar) or any at Life is a SandCastle for extra entries. 1 for each that you enter
- 5 Entries: Watch my Video Review and share your thoughts
- 5 Entries: JUST ADDED: Add Hoover Giveaway button found on side bar to your blog leave me a link where to find it
Giveaway Rules: Giveaway ends Feb. 7th, 2011 at 11:59 CST. Open to U.S Residents and Canada 18 years or older. Only 1 per person per household may enter. Leave a comment for each entry that you do. If any of the rules are not followed or you are found to be cheating your entries will be void and I will choose another winner. Winner will be drawn using random.org and video taped for a live draw. I will then go through all of the winners Entries to make sure they are valid. If any are found to be not valid or can not be verified a new winner will be drawn. Winner will chosen will be Emailed and have 72 hours to respond. NO exceptions. In the event of no response prize will be forfeited a new winner will be chosen.