SmartFish Whirl Mini Notebook Ergomotion Laser mouse Review + Giveaway
|05/06/2011||Posted by Tricia under Reviews|
Spending a lot of time on the computer blogging, chatting with facebook friends or playing games we all know how tiring it can get with a touch pad and no range of motion for our wrist. My wrist certainly gets cramped often. The Smartfish Ergomotion Laser mouse features a patented pivot motion design that allows the mouse to move with your natural hand and wrist positions, adapting to your unique movements while you work to help promote blood flow.
What I really found interesting about the Ergomotion is how easy it is to operate. The Batteries where in the box, you simply insert them under the mouse, pull out the little clip and insert it in your drive in the side of the lap top, it installs and away you go. Not only is is so much more comfortable to operate than the standard stable mouse, but it gives your wrist a nice little stretch of exercise that feels oh so good.
The Truth About Ergonomic Products
Many ergonomic products on the market today are designed to find the perfect “fixed position” to alleviate stress to the user’s hands and wrists while they work. These products are designed with the belief that by placing the user’s hands and wrists at a “natural” angle this will properly address Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI). However, studies show repetition, not the position, induces RSI such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), proving that any fixed position will not solve the problem. In fact, over time, prolonged work in the same position will only cause injury no matter how natural the position.
ErgoMotion™ is built on the concept that movement is the key to healthier computing. The medical community has long supported movement to be beneficial to the human body, which promotes blood flow and decreases inflammation—inadequate blood circulation and inflammation are both considered key contributors to RSI. It was Smartfish’s founder, Dr. Jack Atzmon, who’s own experience with RSI lead him to question the effects ergonomic computer products had while he worked. Through Dr. Atzmon’s own research he challenged “fixed-position” products and their claimed benefits, and developed a theory that motion was the solution to true ergonomics.
Here have a look at this video on Smartfish ergomotion laser mouse and another product from Smartfish like the World’s first ergomotion keyboard that prevents repetitive stress injury for those who spend many hours on the computer like me.
My Thoughts: I always get excited when testing out new technology. This mouse is so comfortable to operate. Pivoting, sliding, clicking all easy. There’s an easy scroll bar on top for scrolling up and down pages so much easier than holding down a button with one finger and griping and sliding with two fingers. It’s small and portable and easy to turn off with a on/off switch located on the bottom which means you don’t use up your batteries when not in use. When your done with the mouse you simply pull out the insert, and store it back up in the battery compartment til you need it again.
Whirl Laser Mouse with Anti-Gravity Comfort Pivot – Black is available on Amazon.com today for only $43.40
* ~ GIVEAWAY ~ *
Win It: Smartfish Technologies is offering Night Owl Mama readers the opportunity to win their very own SmartFish Whirl Mini Notebook Ergomotion Laser mouse. Rv. $49.99
Required Entry: Visit www.SmartFish.com and return and tell me what you found so interesting about the site or products.
ADDITIONAL Entries available after the required has been fulfilled. U. S Only Residents must be 18 yrs old to enter. Leave one comment for each entry.
- 2 Entries: Like Smartfish Technologies on Facebook
- 2 Entries Follow me publicly on Google Friend Connect
- 2 Entries Like The Night owl mama on Facebook leave me your first name and initial to verify
- 2 Entries Follow me on Networked Blogs (widget also on the right side bar)
- 2 Entries Subscribe to emails must confirm email to be valid. Leave me the email address to verify
- 1 Entries for each: Enter another of my Giveaway’s found on the right side bar or any at Jennifer’s at Life is a Sandcastle
- 5 Entries Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (doesn’t have to be in it’s own post you can add it to a list) or share in a giveaway in a giveaway linky leave me a link to post or location
- 1x DAILY: Share this contest on facebook by clicking the share on Facebook button below (this can be done Daily)
- 1x DAILY: Vote for me On the FENCE by clicking the On the Fence button the right side bar. No sign up just click Each time you vote-just leave me 1 comment here
- 3x DAILY: (Must leave an hour between your tweets Do not spam your followers) Tweet this Giveaway You can click the Twitter button below or Tweet this SmartFish Whirl Mini Notebook Laser Mouse #Giveaway @Nightowlmama http://www.thenightowlmama.com Ends 5/21
- 1Entry for each that you do: Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post . Return and leave the title to the post here for your entry.
- Use any of the social networking buttons below like stumple or digg
Disclaimer: I received product featured above for promotion and providing an honest review. Thoughts and honest opinion shared is 100% my own
RULES: Giveaway open to U.S residents 18 yrs or older. Only 1 person per household may enter. Rules must be followed and required entry must be answered. All entries of winner pulled will be validated for winning. Giveaway ends May 21, 2011 at 11:59 Cst. Winner is selected using Random.org and will be emailed and given 72 hours to respond. In the event of no response a new winner will be chosen in a manner I choose. Blogger is not held responsible for prize distribution participating pr will fulfill and mail prize to winner. Pr has the right to refuse duplicate winners from other blogs.