My skin gets so horribly dry in the winter time. Awww who am I kidding my skin feels horribly dry most of the time. Especially my heals. I hate that they get so dry and cracked and they start peeling it’s awful. I’m so in need of a pedicure and a manicure too for that matter! It’s always nice to get pampered don’t you agree. The time to start pampering is today with Carmex healing lotion and Carmex healing creme. Did you know that Carmex has just launched a brand new line of skin care products and have asked many of us bloggers to test out the line and share our thoughts. I’ve test several other products including the Carmex vanilla and Lime Ultra moisturizing sticks and found the vanilla to be quite nice. I’ve used it every day for a week with the cold weather setting in and I can tell you my lips feel so much better.
I decided to use both the lotion and the creme at once. I put the lotion on my left arm and the creme on right. I prefer the cream over the lotion and let me tell you why. When I first put the Carmex healing with Aloe lotion on it kinda stung my skin on my arm a bit. As I’ve gotten older my skin has become quite sensitive. I also used it on my left heal and had no reaction. It goes on like lotion so it’s not thick. It does have a distinctive Carmex and Aloe smell but I kinda prefer it over the regular Carmex aroma. I still continued to apply the lotion for 5 more days . Each time I applied it my skin was nourished. The sting went away after the 2nd use. My guess is because my skin was healing.
The cream is a bit thicker to apply. I prefer the thickness. It seems to stay with you longer and moisture skin better. I followed the same course with the Carmex Healing Cream. Applying it to my left heal and my left arm. Again it has a distinctive Carmex aroma. I’ve always liked the smell of Carmex although with the initial strength of the smell I wouldn’t apply and head out to the grocery store. I’m sure I’d get some looks. I apply during the day when I’m home or at night before bed. The smell does fade after a while but to give you a time frame to how long that takes I don’t have one. I may of just became immune to it after a while. The lotion and the cream is nice especially if you have dry skin during this cold wintery season.
About Carmex Skin Care:
Carmex has been offering 75 years of healing power of Carmex lip balms. They have created Carmex Skin Care as a solution to help heal, sooth and moisturize.
My thoughts on Lotion vs’ Cream: I prefer the Cream because of the thickness and the ability to last longer but both feel non-greasy and go on refreshing.
~ * ~ * GIVEAWAY ~ * ~ *
WIN IT: 1 Reader of the Night Owl Mama will win a Carmex Prize Pack consistingof:
- (1) 5.5 oz Carmex Healing Lotion
- (1) 4 oz Carmex Healing Cream
- (1) 1 oz Carmex Healing Lotion
- (1) .75 oz Carmex Healing Cream
Required Entry: Do you prefer lotion or Cream?
Additional entries available upon completed required entry. Please see official rules below before entering.
- Like Carmex on Facebook
- Follow @Carmex on Twitter
- leave a Comment on this post for Mastercard Holidays if you’ve already commented that counts too
- Follow @Nightowlmama on twitter
- Like theNightowlmama on Facebook
- 1x DAILY: Vote for me on the Fence by clicking the on the fence button on the right side bar. NO Sign up just click to open and close
- Follow me On GFC found on the right side bar
- Subscribe to Emails
- Grab my button and post it on your side bar. Leave me a link and location of where to find it
- 5 entries: Subscribe to NoMoreRack.com using my referral friendlink You don’t have to buy anything, They have awesome deals and it’s only $2 for shipping (if you previously sign up and are already a member this doesn’t count)
- 5 Entries: Blog about this Giveaway with a link back to this post leave me a link to your post to verify
- Share this Giveaway on facebook by clicking the Facebook link below. Leave me a link to your share by clicking on the time stamp under your post and leave me the link here for your entry
- 1x Daily: Tweet this Giveaway and leave me the link to your tweet by clicking the time stamp under your tweet ” Soothe Dry cracked skin with Carmex healing Lotion #Giveaway http://www.thenightowlmama.com ends 12/1″ or u can click the tweet button below
Disclaimer: The makers of Carmex provided me with products for this review. Thoughts and opinion 100% my own and may differ from others.
Rules: Giveaway open to US mailing addresses only. Must be 18 yrs or older to enter. Giveaway ends Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 12:02 EST. Only 1 person per household may enter. Rules must be followed and required entry must be answered. All entries of winner pulled will be validated for winning. If I find that I can’t verify an entry or 1 is invalid I simply draw a NEW Winner. Winner is selected using Random.org and will be emailed and given 72 hours to respond. In the event of no response a new winner will be chosen. Prize fulfillment comes directly from participating pr and not from blogger. Owner and writer of this Blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment or lost or stolen prizes. Once I email the sponsor your information it is up to the sponsor to fulfill the prize. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. In this case a winner will be chosen. Prizes can take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. In the event that a prize is not received I will do all possible to contact the sponsor and work through for a solution. By entering this giveaway you agree to have read these rules. if you have any questions please contact me by clicking the red envelope on the side bar to email me