I’m so grateful for living in a country were our U.S States Troops protect and serve our country to keep us safe. My great grandfather served in the war. My Grandfather served in World War I.,and my grandmothers 2nd husband also served in the war. My Uncle, my mothers brother served in the Navy. My brother was a United states Marine and my Ex-husband also served in the Army. While my husband was stationed over sea’s I wrote him about 3-4x a week. He said that some of the guys didn’t even get mail and during the holidays was the worst. Some would get really great big packages from their family and others would get nothing but were grateful that friends shared. I think it’s a honor to live in a country where these men and women dedicated their lives and take time away from their family’s. As a wife of a military man I gave up so much so that he could protect our country and was alone here raising my 1 year son and struggling with the hardships of parenting and keeping a home alone. It’s time we join together to send a little Cheer to the family’s of men and women keeping our country safe and let them know we appreciate their sacrifices as well by sending a little Cheer and a Thank you their way to let them know how grateful we truly are.
When our troops are called to serve, their families must rise to meet the challenges of service as well. To thank the Troops, Cheerios and the USO have partnered in a postcard campaign that spreads Cheer directly to these honorable military families and supports USO programs.
During the months of October and November, 2011, specially-marked boxes of Cheerios cereal will feature Cheer postcards on the front of the box. Consumers can simply cut out the postcard from the Cheerios logo, write a message of thanks on the back, add a stamp and mail the pre-addressed card to the USO. The USO will deliver the Cheer card to military families across the country.
For each postcard received through November 2012, Cheerios will make a $1 donation to the USO to help fund programs that support military families.
kick off the campaign, Cheerios has already donated $150,000 to the USO and will donate up to an additional $100,000 based upon the number of postcards received from specially marked boxes now through November 30th, 2012.
We need to get as many post cards in the mail as we possibly can. If everyone reading this would run and purchase a 1 box today, cut the post card out and mail it in before the end of the week you would put a smile on the family’s faces that give so much. I’ve already cut out my card and mailed my card. I wrote a special note of “Thank you” added a stamp. It’s such a small effort to make to kind gesture to someone who gives up so much.
Sending a “Cheer” postcard is a simple way to say thanks and lift the spirits of our country’s military families. So, take a moment out of your day to spread some Cheer and send a message of Thanks!
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * GIVEAWAY ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
WIN IT: Reader of the Night Owl Mama will have the opportunity to win. Prize pack will contain:
- 1 Cheerios cereal bowl
- 1 Cheerios cereal spoon
- 1 cereal dispenser
- 1 “Cheer” box of Cheerios
Required Entry: What do plan to write in on the “Cheer” postcard going out to military families? or Do you have any family members who served in the service?
Additional entries available upon completed required entry. Please see official rules below before entering.
- Like Cheerios on facebook
- leave a Comment on Holiday gift guide post if you’ve already commented that counts too
- Follow @Nightowlmama on twitter
- Like theNightowlmama on Facebook
- 1x DAILY: Vote for me on the Fence by clicking the on the fence button on the right side bar. NO Sign up just click to open and close
- Follow me On GFC found on the right side bar
- Subscribe to Emails
- Grab my button and post it on your side bar. Leave me a link and location of where to find it
- Enter Any Giveaways here at Night Owl Mama or at Life Is A Sandcastle leave 1 comment for each giveaway you enter
- 5 entries: Subscribe to emails from NoMoreRack.com using my referral friendlink You don’t have to buy anything, They have awesome deals and it’s only $2 for shipping (if you previously sign up and are already a member this doesn’t count BUT if you already signed up through my link that counts! leave 5 comments)
- 5 Entries: Blog about this Giveaway with a link back to this post leave me a link to your post to verify
- Share this Giveaway on facebook by clicking the Facebook link below. Leave me a link to your share by clicking on the time stamp under your post and leave me the link here for your entry
- 1x Daily: Tweet this Giveaway and leave me the link to your tweet by clicking the time stamp under your tweet ” Cheerios Cereal, bowl and Dispenser #Giveaway http://www.thenightowlmama.com ends 12/1″ or u can click the tweet button below
Disclosure: Cheerios cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. Thoughts and opinion that of the writer of this blog.
Rules: Giveaway open to US mailing addresses only. Must be 18 yrs or older to enter. Giveaway ends Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 12:02 EST. Only 1 person per household may enter. Rules must be followed and required entry must be answered. All entries of winner pulled will be validated for winning. If I find that I can’t verify an entry or 1 is invalid I simply draw a NEW Winner. Winner is selected using Random.org and will be emailed and given 72 hours to respond. In the event of no response a new winner will be chosen. Prize fulfillment comes directly from participating pr and not from blogger. Owner and writer of this Blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment or lost or stolen prizes. Once I email the sponsor your information it is up to the sponsor to fulfill the prize. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. In this case a winner will be chosen. Prizes can take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. In the event that a prize is not received I will do all possible to contact the sponsor and work through for a solution. By entering this giveaway you agree to have read these rules. if you have any questions please contact me by clicking the red envelope on the side bar to email me