I’ve been thinking about my self image lately and trying to make little changes here and there. I think the biggest reason is because my birthday is sneaking up on me quickly and I honestly wish I could hide. It won’t be long before my age catches up with me. I’ve noticed in the last 4 years I’ve aged in photos. I think that’s mostly because I stopped doing all the extra’s for my self and by extra’s I mean getting sleep, taking vitamins, exercising, and eating healthy. I know what your thinking. Why would I do that? I think I just got lazy. That’s bad isn’t it?
I started to think about what 10 Things on my personal improvement Bucket list would I like to add. I think I came up with a pretty wishful list but I know that most of them can be attainable or atleast reached to some degree. So here it goes.
1. Start Taking Daily Vitamin: I used to take vitamins with Dhea and Omgea-3-6-9 when I was pregnant and I can tell you it made a huge difference in a lot of things for me.
2. Exercise: This week I began taking walks after dinner. I’ve walked about 2 nights this week but I’d like to increase that up to 5 nights or every night if I can. I’d like to drop 10 lbs by blogger and I better get a move on. I love playing Xbox Games with the kids so I want to start those up again after my walks.
3. Sleep: I am usually awake until 2-3 a.m. In fact, it’s 3:13 a.m as I type this. Starting Monday I’m going to shut my self off when I put the kids to bed or midnight which ever comes first. This staying awake is really getting to me and I’m not getting enough sleep like I need to.
4. Breast Enhancement: There’s nothing like enhancing your physical appearance with a little bit of surgery so I’d like to check into nipple augmentation. I’ve been thinking about it for years and my beast friend brought it up the other day and were going to go for a consultation together. That’s exciting isn’t it?
5. Learn a new skill: I would love to learn photo shop and digital scrap booking design so I can make my own button and blog headers.
6. Doctors: I’m terrible at going to the doctor for myself. I can take each one of the kids 3x a year but I still have yet to get myself a physical in over 7 yrs. I also need to get a pap smear done. It’s been 3 years. That’s not good. I faithfully used to go every year until Cranky pants was born.
7. Dermatologist: This may fall under the doctor category but let’s just say I’ve been meaning to get in and see what these patches are I developed on my face. Ever since my last son was born I got 2 skin patches one on each check and during the summer they are more noticeable so I want to go get those checked out.
8. Declutter: My life is so cluttered. Every where I look there’s piles of something and an over abundance of this and that. I want it gone. I’m so tired of the mess.
9. Organize: I used to be organized then I had 3 more kids. Now I’m a mess. I’m starting a calendar this month and I’m going to start keeping track of what we have going on around here. My memory is just terrible and I keep forgetting things and it’s just awful. I need organization.
10. Braces: I’ve been thinking about getting braces on my bottom teeth for years. My daughter just got her braces off about a year ago and I’ve really been thinking about them ever since. I’d like to have pretty straight teeth but I need to get a consultation to see how much they will cost and time frame they think I’d have to wear them. They have so many options out there with clear braces and metal one’s as well as Invisalign, too. I wonder if my insurance will cover those.
Well there you have it. My 10 things on my personal improvement bucket list. I’m sure I can add 10 more but these are just to start with. They’ve been things I’ve been meaning to take care of for years. I need to give my self a kick in the pants and get them done.
What’s on your Personal Bucket list?