Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Ribs Recipe with $200 in Walmart Gift Cards Giveaway #DibsOnMyRibs
Mouth watering, finger licking, tasty good Honey Hickory smoke BBQ ribs recipe couldn’t taste any better than I made them tonight. Before today I don’t make ribs very often partially because I honestly hadn’t narrowed down the proper technique for barbequing ribs. I’ve tried several recipes and never found one that really hit the spot. With a bit of research, an awesomely cool BBQ kit with McCormick Spices and seasonings and a few BBQ’ing extra’s hubby and I put together mouth watering, finger licking, fall off the bone Barbeque spare ribs that were delicious.
Normally a BBQ rib recipe calls for boiling ribs. From what I have read this is not the best way to cook ribs. It takes the flavor out of the meat and makes them soggy. I began by marinating the pork spare ribs and seasoning them with a rub, and placing them in the refrigerator for six hours.
Here’s the technique and my personal recipe for preparing Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Ribs:
- 2 Slabs of Tyson Pork Spare Ribs
- 2 Cans of Pepsi-cola
- McCormick Grill Mates Sweet and Smokey Rub
- Garlic Powder
- 2 Large Bottles of Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
- Start by trimming any large fat hanging off the ribs. Place Tyson ribs in a large roasting pan or large square pan. Pour Pepsi over both slabs. I used 1 can for each slab so if your cooking more ribs use more Pepsi. Generously sprinkle McCormick Grill Mates Sweet and Smokey Rub over the front and back. Rub it in on a circular motion. Lightly sprinkle garlic powder over the top from end to end. Cover the top of the container with Saran Wrap but in Refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Preheat your Grill. I have a gas grill and we put the grill on medium heat.
- Next you'll take the ribs out of the refrigerator. Rub them down with sweet and smokey rub again and wrap them heavily in foil paper. I wrapped them three times making sure to seal the sides. You'll want to do this because the juice from the meat will form inside the foil and you don't want it to pour out onto the grill. Put them on the grill or on a Grill rack. You'll want to cook them for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the Bottle of BBQ sauce on the stove. I do this so the sauce can flavor into the meat quicker and they are about the same temperature once they unite.
- Unwrap the ribs from the foil. Put them directly on the grill and coat generously with Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce. You'll want to flip them after 2-3 minutes to cover the other side. Coat generously remove from grill and pull apart or cut to portion size separate, and serve.
The whole family raved about how good my Ribs were. They even compared them to the famous rib house we usually get ribs from here in town. Now that’s a huge compliment. My husband was very skeptical about not boiling the ribs and was pleasantly surprised and full of compliments after the first bite. I honestly impressed my self. We love for Ribs to taste like Ribs with a that hickory smoke grilled sweet flavor, with a little bit of crispy charbroil on the top and tender to pull away from the bone. I will certainly be following my own recipe in the future.
If your a Rib expert or just want to try your hand at baking up or grilling pork spare ribs for this spectacular #DibsOnMyRibs Pork recipe contest you can win some really awesome prizes. You can submit your own recipe or vote on other recipes you’d love to try.
Here’s some information on the contest. Check it out!
- The contest runs until August 12, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- The contest is co-sponsored by Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., McCormick & Company, Inc., Kraft Foods, Inc., and the National Pork Board.
- Two Grand Prize winners (one in each recipe category) will receive a one year supply of groceries awarded as twelve $500 Wal-Mart gift cards. Grand Prize Winners will also have the opportunity to attend the Memphis in May BBQ Event in Memphis, TN in May 2012. (See contest site for full prize details.)
Dibs On My Ribs RECIPE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
The Dibs On My Ribs Contest (“Contest”) begins on May 1, 2012, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on August 12, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: Visit the National Pork Board website (www.porkbeinspired.com/
dibsonmyribs<http://www.porkbeinspired. com/dibsonmyribs> ) (the “Website”) during the Contest Period to access the Contest Entry Form. Complete the Contest Entry Form, including your original pork ribs “recipe” using pork spareribs (“Recipe”). All recipes must incorporate a minimum of three (3) ingredients, including pork spareribs, at least one (1) McCormick® spice or seasoning product and at least one (1) Kraft Foods BBQ Sauce (unless you are submitting a rub BBQ, in which case you are not required to use a BBQ sauce). You must indicate the appropriate recipe category: Indoor Cooking Division or Outdoor Cooking Division (“Recipe Category”). A Recipe can be entered in only one Recipe Category. The Recipe must meet the Entry Requirements listed below. You must also include a name for your Recipe. You may also include a photo of your Recipe (optional). Photos must be submitted in .jpg, .gif, or .png format (5MB maximum). Photos will not be judged, but will be posted as part of the Consumers’ Choice Contest, if submitted. Collectively, the Recipe, name of your Recipe and Photo (if included) are referred to as the “Entry”. To submit your Entry, you must agree to these Official Rules (check the box) and then click “Submit Entry.” Limit one entry per person/e-mail address, per Recipe Category. Submission of multiple entries in one Recipe Category will invalidate all entries from the entrant. All materials submitted become the property of National Pork Board, Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., Kraft Foods Inc. and McCormick & Company, Inc. (“Co-sponsors”), and none will be returned. Submission of an Entry grants Co-sponsors and their agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry and all components thereof in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
Doesn’t that sound Sweet!!! Now in addition to the #DibsOnRibs Contest you can also enter to win a fabulous contest I am hosting below.
WIN IT: 10 Readers of the Night Owl Mama will win a $20 Walmart gift card to purchase spare ribs, McCormick Rib rub and Kraft BBQ sauce to try out my tasty recipe if you wish.
disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Incentives were provided to me. All opinions stated are my own.