Looking for something fun to do this Labor Day Weekend? Here’s 10 Great Labor Day weekend boredom busters that will sure to be a hit with the whole family. There’s 3 fun filled weekend days coming up. No school or work for many on Monday. Enjoy your extended weekend.
1. Family Film at Your Local Theater:
There are many great family films in theaters this weekend. Gather a group of friends and head to your local theater to see a movie.
Disney Family Films in theaters this weekend:
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
When young Timothy suddenly comes into the lives of Cindy and Jim Green, they learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life’s greatest gifts. You can catch my full review of the Odd Life of Timothy Green from Blogher12 screening. It’s truly a beautiful film filled with inspiration and family values along with great comical parenting mishaps.
Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. From Disney and Pixar, a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition and challenges destiny to change her fate.
2. Pick up Disneynature Chimpanzee on Blu-Ray and Dvd: Available as of last week Disneynature chimpanzee will melt your heart. Invite friends over for a viewing Party.
Loveable Oscar and his family are now available in stores for home viewing in Disneynature Chimpanzee on Blu-ray and Dvd pick up your copy today. You can read my full review on Disneynature Chimpanzee along with some really great interviews with the directors of the film and the incredible Dr. Jane Goodall. you can always Enter to win a copy of Disneynature Chimpanzee right here on the Night owl mama
3. Print out Disney Activity Sheets for the Kids
There’s a lot of great Disney activity sheets to keep the kids busy. Here’s a few fun one’s below Just click on the links to see what’s available.
Tinkerbell Secret of The Wings
link opens into a pdf to view before printing.
4. Amusement Park: Thrills and spills and a full day of fun. Amusement parks are a great place to spend the day. The weather will start getting cold here in the Midwest and there won’t be must time for outdoor activities. Amusement parks are make a great all day activity.
5. Outdoor or Indoor Water Park: Time to get out in the sun and have some fun. Outdoor or indoor water parks over splash and fun play with water rides, tube rides and in many places a wave pool and a lazy river. Relax as you float your cares away and watch the kids splash each other. Summer isn’t over yet. The weather is still plenty hot for getting wet and playing in the sun. Pack a lunch and spend the whole day. Thinking of going local in Illinois visit Keylime Cove Indoor water park you love the Florida key’s theme.
6. Backyard BBQ: Parties will be in full swing this weekend. Invite friends and family over for a fun filled day of bean bags, conversation and fun. It’ll be great to catch up with old friends and connect with the family after a really busy summer. Grill up some BBQ Ribs you’ll love my tasty BBQ Rib Recipe. They’re not only delicious but you’ll love how easy it is to marinate and cook on the grill.
Looking for a delicious Dessert recipe? I have a fabulous Taffy Apple Salad Recipe that will sure to a hit!
7. Kart Race: One of the biggest Go Karts Races of the summer is happening in Rock Island, IL this week. The Rock Island Grand Prix is a full weekend long event. This event will bring in people from around the United States to compete for trophies and a money purse in several kart class races. Kids as young as 6 yrs old race midget karts and even adults in a 30 yr old and over class will suit up this weekend and make laps around downtown Rock Island that is fully set up with safety equipment, hay barrels and a staff that organizes it all.
Spectators will have plenty to do for the kids with fun activities and even night time activities are just as exciting. The Travolta’s perform 70′s-80′s music for a vast crowd of people who are singing and dancing. You’ll love the flash back good times.
Karting is a huge sport in our family and we look forward to Rock Island Grand Prix race every year.
8. Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament: Take your self back in time when men were Knights and fought for honor and chivalry and the right to marry the princess. You’ll watch as Knights train for battle, ride on beautiful horses and battle the evil knight to save the princess from marrying him. We just visit Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Show a few weeks ago. Its an all new 20 year anniversary show and it was spectacular. We enjoyed it tremendously and even the food was pretty good, too. For location and event times visit www.medievaltimes.com
9. Beaches: Head on out to the Beach this weekend for a relaxing day of laying in the sun and water splashing fun. Get your flip flops, pack a lunch and tell the kids to get in the car the beaches will be busy this labor day holiday weekend.
10. Fishing: Our family has taken up fishing this past year and the kids just love it. Not me but the kids do. You can pick up some inexpensive fishing rods at Walmart. You can usually find worm bait there too. Spend a few hours relaxing by your local fishing lake. We catch and release but I’m sure many people take them home and grill fish up for a meal.