Bedtime struggles have always been a part of our nightly chaos. Having to get everyone ready at the same time has things a bit crazy until we get everyone settled down. My boys love watching the Pajanimals before bed. It’s an adorably cute show on the 24-hour preschool television channel Sprout. Those loveable characters Sweetpea Sue the pony, the excitable duck Squacky, the creative cow CowBella and the optimistic puppy Apollo. Through their imaginary journeys, these cuddly musical puppets venture out on amazing adventures of discovery, modeling the skills preschoolers need to move through their days successfully, especially getting ready for and going to bed.
Awww go ahead you can say it. Aren’t they adorable?
With some simple times from the Pajanimals parents and adults can reassure little ones of the fun adventures that await them in their dreams – and the PAJANIMALS want to help with their Pajama Time Tips that can also be found at Sprout Online include:
Blow Off Steam
At the end of the day, allow your child to expend some energy by running around the house, dancing to music or tumbling on the carpet.
Calm Things Down
After getting the wiggles out, start the wind-down process. Calm activities like reading or listening to quiet music are great ways to transition your little bundle of energy into a calmer state.
Keep It Light
Diffuse end-of-day grumpiness with a playful attitude. Bedtime shouldn’t be a chore. Try singing the “Brusha, Brusha, Brusha” song as you scrub those pearly whites. Play Simon Says as you get into pajamas (Simon says take off a sock!).
Stick to a specific bedtime and lead up to it with a routine. A simple routine is best, such as: bathe, brush teeth and read a book. This consistency provides a feeling of safety and a framework to help little ones soothe themselves to sleep.
Snuggle and Share
Once your child is tucked in bed, those last moments before lights out are the perfect time to snuggle up and huggle up. Take a few moments to reconnect and reassure. Share a warm story, talk about the highlights of the day or the things you look forward to tomorrow.
I think the set bedtime is usually where we have our struggles but we’ll be welcoming a routine as soon as the kids go back to school. Looking forward to nights to my self and being able to catch up on some work and my favorite night time shows.
THE PAJANIMALS characters were designed and built by the world-famous Oscar® and Emmy® Award-winning Jim Henson’s Creature ShopTM from original concepts by Los Angeles-based toy and clothing designer, artist Jeff Muncy.
THE PAJANIMALS new toy line from TOMY includes:
- 9” and 15” Plush Apollo (SRP 9” Plush – $10.99; SRP 15” Plush – $19.99) A green and purple dog, Apollo is a natural leader, the one they all look to when the path is unclear. Filled with confidence and common sense, although at times, he can be surprisingly sensitive. When he gets hurt feelings, everything must stop while his friends carefully coax him out of his funk.
- 9” and 15” Plush Cowbella (SRP 9” Plush – $10.99; SRP 15” Plush – $19.99) Cowbella is a purple and white cow that loves all things pink and princessy. Like lots of little girls, she has a vivid imagination and loves to play dress-up. She is also prone to emotional drama, and often gets lost in a cloud of big feelings. Her solution to all problems is to imagine them away, but sometimes her imagination takes her to dark places.
- 9” and 15” Plush Squacky (SRP 9” Plush – $10.99; SRP 15” Plush – $19.99) Squacky is a high energy, blue and yellow duck whose mind jumps around with its own mysterious logic. Squacky is never without his Blankie, tied around his neck like a cape. A self-appointed super hero, he only truly finds his courage with a little help from his friends.
- 9” and 15” Plush Sweet Pea Sue (SRP 9” Plush – $10.99; SRP 15” Plush – $19.99) Sweet Pea Sue is a pink and orange pony with very large eyes who loves order and routine. She approaches all challenges with her own little “to do” list, and sometimes needs to learn how to let go and just let things happen. The others rely on her for her wise perspective andcompassionate heart.
- Snuggle Up Story Mat (SRP $29.99) Help your child transition from play time to nap time with the Snuggle Up Story Mat. Featuring your favorite lovable Pajanimals characters, this mat includes a soft book that transforms into apillow.
The toys will be available starting October 2012 at online retailers.
We were sent a sqacky for review and I can tell you that my son’s face light up when he saw him. He’s been carrying him around all day. He’s super soft and just as cute as looks in the photo with my son. If your child is a fan of the show or even if she isn’t they’d adore a bedtime friend to help them go to sleep.
Connect with Sprout Socially
disclosure: A product was provided to share my thoughts and honest opinion. No other compensation was provided.