I’ve been hearing about the benefits of Tea Tree oil recently and decided to do some research and share my findings and thoughts with you. Hubby’s aunt tells me she uses Tea Tree oil for several things. The doctor suggested she used tea tree oil for helping clear up a sinus infection. Putting a few drops in hot water and putting a towel over your head to breathe it in. Tea Tree Oil has been used for a disinfectant and for healing properties for many years. Tea tree oil products on cotton balls or in water offer several benefits which you will find below.
1. Treating a sinus infection: Few drops in a bowl of hot water and breathe vapors in
2. Treating Congestion
3. Ear Infections: 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tsp of olive oil in a cup. Mix well. Use a a dropper and put a few drops in the infected ear. (a childhood remedy used when I was a kid)
4. Head lice: I heard about this remedy back when we battled those little buggers 4 yrs ago when my daughter kept bringing them home from school. The tea tree oil not only drives head lice way when you have them but they also can keep them away if you don’t have them.
6. Soar Throats: 1-2 drops in water with sea salt and gargle with it (do not ingest it) helps clear up the bacteria and use for an antiseptic affect.
7. Mold: 2 teaspoon with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray directly on mold let it sit and dry. The smell will go away after a few days. Won’t take away mold discoloration but will take away the mold.
8. Insect Bites: Apply directly to insect bites
8. Stretch Marks: Apply tea tree oil to your stretch marks nightly and rub in. Be sure to use before bed because it has a distinctive smell.
10. Mustiness: 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in a squirt bottle squirt on furniture, on walls, on carpets to take the mustiness smell out of the air.
I am not a doctor but I am a mother that uses several of these remedies with my own kids. I find useful information in the internet and hubby’s Aunts like to share remedy’s used when they were kids.
Always ask your doctor before using tea tree oil remedies.
Tea tree oil is inexpensive and most times a little bit can go along way. What ways do you Tea Tree Oil? Is there a specific brand you favor?