Cinnamon Apple Pizza with a Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust #MyblogSpark
|09/22/2012||Posted by Tricia under Food|
The possibilities can be endless with New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain. Pizza is a regular weekly addition to family meals and although we don’t get too creative with Pizza the kids especially love to make their own. While pizza can be great for a meal you can also have it for dessert. Getting creative in the kitchen can be as easy as taking 2 of your favorite recipes and putting them together with a unique twist. Our two favorite desserts are Monkey Bread and Dole Cinnamon Apple Crisp put them both together and you have a delicious dessert. We love dessert and we love Pizza!
Cinnamon Apple Pizza
- Pillsbury Artis2an Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- 4 containers of (dole) Cinnamon Apple Crisp or 1 lg can of Apple pie filling
- 3 tsp of Margarine or Butter
- 1 cup of light Brown Sugar
- Ducan Hines Amazing Glazes- Vanilla
- Bake Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust on a baking sheet 6-7 minutes in oven (follow directions on pkg)
- Open the containers of Cinnamon Apple Crisp and pour into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute or longer depending on how warm you'd like it. Stir
- Heat up butter in a sauce pan and pour in light brown sugar. Continuously stir. Once it becomes a syrupy turn off the heat.
- Once Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust is cooked pull out of oven.
- Spread the brown sugar syrup over the top of the pizza crust.
- Spoon out Cinnamon Apple Mix (do not open the crisp yet) and spread it over the entire pizza top.
- Once spread evenly heat up the vanilla glaze in the microwave according to the directions.
- Drizzle over top of the pizza sparingly going back and forth.
- Open the crisp and sprinkle over the top
- Cut in small squares for bite size pieces for large guest gathering or large pieces to serve as dessert for family.
When I put together this recipe it was about 8:30p. Hubby was getting ready for bed and came down to give me a kiss goodnight. Then he was this
and got forks and a plate. The very first bite he couldn’t get enough and gobbled it down. He had two slices and then called the kids to have some. The very next day after work the first thing he said when he walked in the door is “Do you have that Apple pizza you made last night? “. I guess he really likes it.
Download a printable coupon for $1.25 off one package of New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
Disclosure: The product, gift pack, information, and additional sample have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark. Recipe and thoughts are 100% my own.