My daughter is really anxiously awaiting the film “FRANKENWEENIE“. She loves the strange and unusual and especially scary with a little bit of funny thrown in for humor sakes. Scarying into theaters on October 5, 2012 is Frankenweenie.
This animated comedy directed by Tim Burton the creative genius of The Nightmare before Christmas brings to the theater a tale of a boy and his dog in “FRANKENWEENIE”
After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.
A stop-motion animated film, “Frankenweenie” was filmed in black and white and rendered in 3D, which elevates the classic style to a whole new experience.
The weekend is here. Keep the kids busy with a fun Science Experiment you can easily download the sheets with complete directions from the links below.
Fun Science Experiments to do with the kids or because you feel like a kid
Fun Facts and Unique Notes for Trivia fun:
- When Tim Burton originally conceived the idea for “Frankenweenie,” he envisioned it as a full-length, stop-motion animated film. Due to budget constraints, he instead directed it as a live-action short, released in 1984.
- “Frankenweenie” follows in the footsteps of Tim Burton’s other stop-motion animated films “Corpse Bride” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas”—both of which were nominated for Academy Awards®.
- Over 200 puppets and sets were created for the film.
- The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films: Winona Ryder (“Beetlejuice,” “Edward Scissorhands”), Catherine O’Hara (“Beetlejuice,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas”), Martin Short (“Mars Attacks!”) and Martin Landau (“Ed Wood,” Sleepy Hollow”).
- Classic horror films inspired several of the character names.
“Like” FRANKENWEENIE on Facebook
FRANKENWEENIE arrives in theatres everywhere on October 5th!
Disclosure: sharing Disney films for the enjoyment of my readers. No compensation provided.