Leftovers. Yalk! We never have them . My cooking is so good there’s never any thing left overs to be saved for the following day. I get tired of the same old meals. Monday – Spaghetti, Tuesday – Grilled Chicken, Wednesday – Taco’s and so on. I love when I find new inspiration to switch things up a bit and give my family a meal to remember especially when the meal can stretch out over 2 days and you can offer another meal to stretch your dollar even further.
Here’s a great recipe I’m certainly going to make again and since I did make so much there actually was a mix leftover that we included in another meal the very next day.
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas
- ½ Can of cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 Large Grilled Chicken breast diced or shredded
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup of Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 4.5 oz can of diced chilies and Black olives (if desired)
- Add chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, ¼ cup of milk to large skillet.
- Heat on low temperature until hot. Continue to stir
- Warm Taco shells on flame flipping continuously every 7 sec until heated place on plate or you can soften them in the microwave for about 30 sec.
- Warm the enchilada sauce on the stove.
- Place taco shells on plate.
- Add mix
- Fold shell
- Add heated enchilada sauce over the top
- Sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese
- Top with a table spoon of sour cream
This was so delicious. We really enjoyed the recipe and with the left over mixture we put in a glad container for the following day.
Hubby heated the left over mix added Mexican cheese over the top heated up and ate it for lunch topped it over noodles.
Made a filling meal and prefect for two day serving.
Do you make homemade Enchiladas? Do you add anything special to the mix?
disclosure: Glad containers, shells, sauce and chilis provided for post and sharing a recipe. Thoughts added are 100% our own.