Promoting Independance with the Magic Tap Review & Giveaway
|09/08/2012||Posted by Tricia under Giveaway|
Do you know when my kids are thirsty? It’s always when I’m busy on the phone, folding the laundry or when I’m in the shower.
I swear my kids ask me to get them something to drink 20x a day. Even though kids strive for independence if they can’t accomplish a task on their own they’ll continuously call for assistance all day and night. Occasionally they seek out tasks to which they want to complete not needing adult help or supervision. After being able to complete a task they always want to show you how much they’ve accomplished without your help. I’m tired of Mom I’m thirsty! I want water! I want juice! With the magic tap kids are able to dispense liquids themselves and not require your assistance every second of the day when they get thirsty or during the night when they are trying to stretch bedtime out another 5 minutes.
Meet the Magic Tap! A four year old and six year old’s new best friend.
The Magic Tap allows children to get their own drinks by simply dispensing milk with a little bit of pressure by the cup or with a bowl. Milk dispenses at a fairly good rate but not too fast to fill up a cup in little to no time flat. Kids enjoy watching the milk pour out the spout and are so delighted by the fact that they were able to get it themselves that I haven’t heard “MOM get me a drink!” in a little over 2 days. Do you know what else? My kids are drink even more milk than ever before and that’s a good thing because that means less juice and less sugar.
Few Facts on the Magic Tap
1. The trigger on the Magic tap® was designed with a very sensitive micro-switch to make it easy for children and seniors to activate with minimal pressure, so be careful when handling to not accidentally bump the trigger (especially when fixing the Magic Tap® to new beverage bottles).
2. The Magic Tap® features a swiveling top which will allow you to easily turn the spout to the side when not in use, further ensuring that the trigger will not be accidentally activated.
3. The Magic Tap® will dispense up to 28 gallons of your favorite beverage on two AA batteries. Please make sure your batteries are fresh to start!
4. We have yet to find a large format beverage bottle that the patent-pending universal cap won’t fit. Buy in bulk, save money and eliminate the heavy lifting and spills that come with trying to pour from these large containers!
5. Use the Magic Tap® to dispense your favorite non-carbonated beverages including milk, sports drinks, ice tea, Kool-Aid, water and a variety of juices. The Magic Tap® is not designed to dispense beverages containing heavy pulp.
Did you catch the part where the magic tap needed 2 AAA batteries? Well let me tell you a little story.
We were so excited when we opened the magic tap that I hadn’t realized that it needed batteries. I attached it to the top of the milk pressed gently down to secure it and the kids were fighting over who was going to try it first. G won. He takes his cup puts it up to the trigger and nothing happens. Well my little man cranky pants wants to give it a whirl next. No dice. It doesn’t work. I email the rep I was working on this review with and complained. Jokes on me. He mentioned the batteries and boy did I feel dumb. We installed the batteries easy through the top with a slide compartment and wallah it worked. Imagine that! You gotta laugh.
First time using the magic tap.
The magic tap is not to be used with soda’s or other carbonated beverages but is most certainly perfect for milk, tea and juice.
It’s great for the elderly or anyone who suffers from arthritis who hate to fuss with caps and trying to get containers open. Once the Magic Tap inserted on the top of the opening and the tubing into the liquid you can dispense until the container is close to empty. Once the beverage starts to get low you must tilt the container to continue to get the Magic Tap to work but if its too low then you’ll need to remove the magic tap and dispense by pouring manually.
Over all we just love the magic tap and I’d love to pick up a few more especially for my tea and the kids sunny delight. They won’t need to take the container out of the fridge they can just dispense while the container is in the fridge. Eliminating spills and mishaps from dropping the container.
Cleaning the Magic Tap
1. Wipe down exterior with a damp cloth paying particular attention to the silicone
2. Rinse an empty beverage container (1 gallon) and fill half full with hot tap water
3. Add one tablespoon of regular powdered dishwasher detergent to container and gently
4. Immediately dispense cleaning solution through The Magic Tap™ directly into sink drain
5. Rinse the empty beverage container completely and fill half full again with hot tap water
6. Dispense hot tap water through The Magic Tap™ directly into sink drain
If Used With Dairy Products Please Follow This Procedure First
1. Rinse an empty beverage container (1 gallon) and fill half full with hot tap water
2. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar to container
3. Immediately dispense vinegar solution through The Magic Tap™ directly into sink drain
4. Rinse the empty beverage container completely and fill half full again with hot tap water
5. Dispense hot tap water through The Magic Tap™ directly into sink drain
Following Are Not Recommended For Dispensing With The Magic Tap ™
1. Carbonated beverages
2. Beverages containing pulp
3. Beverages containing Sarsaparilla or Sarsaparilla emulating flavors (root beer)
4. Beverages containing 40% alcohol or more
5. Beverages beyond their stated expiration date
Buy the Magic tap for only $19.99 plus S&H
BlogHer 12 Special rate: Magic Tap BUY 1 Get 1 Free discount offer can be found at https://www.magictapspecial.
You’ll get 2 Magic Taps for the price of one. Trust me you’ll want more than one!!
* ~ * ~ GIVEAWAY ~ * ~ *
WIN IT: One reader of the Night Owl mama will win 2 Magic taps of your very own. One to keep and another to
share with a friend Keep because you’ll love it so much you won’t want to share.
To enter to win this fabulous prize log into the Rafflecopter with your Facebook I.D or by using your mailing address. NO worries no one will see this but me (so I can email you if you win)
disclosure: Product was provided to me when I attended Blogher. Although its not typically required to review products we received at Blogher this is one product I am excited to tell you all about.