Click Here

Day Light Savings Time and a Energizer Family Safety Kit #Giveaway

November 4 marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program and in just a few weeks on November 4th we will be changing our clocks back from Daylight Saving Time. I never look forward to changing my clocks back in the fall because that means we’ll be getting darker earlier, I lose an hour of sleep and there’s an adjustment period to getting the kids sleep schedules back on track. But one thing that I hold at high priority is making sure my family is safe from fire and monoxide poisoning. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.

The importance of doing this should be top priority and I know that first hand. Approximately 15 yrs ago a smoke alarm saved my son and myself from a 24 unit building going up in flames. We lost just about everything we owned but thankfully our cat got out alive, too.

Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*

This simple important life-saving reminder can be so imperative to friends and loved one’s and spreading this message can be as easy as striking up a conversation with a stranger or a simple phone call to a loved one or friend. Remembering to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you set your clocks back – it could help save a life.

~ * ~ * GIVEAWAY ~ * ~ *

WIN IT: Energizer is offering a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote for 1 Night Owl Mama reader (approximately $78 per kit)

  • One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
  • One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
  • One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
  • One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm

To ENTER Log in to Rafflecopter BELOW using your Facebook I.D *to keep track of your entries or your Email Address (so I can contact you if you win). Email address are never seen by other entrants nor shared with reps before asking your permission.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

disclosure: I was provided with a Kit to share my thoughts and promote. no other compensation was provided.

Comments

  1. Stephanie O'Malley says:

    We had a fire years and year ago when my now husband was cooking in the kitchen. He turned his back to a pan to grab something out of the fridge and oil popped out of the pan and caught on fire. Even after he though he had it out the vent filter on the fan caught on fire.

  2. Sandy VanHoey says:

    I knew a neighbor who had their house catch on fire but luckily was contained to a bedroom.

  3. Brenda says:

    Last year, a boy in my daughter’s class experienced a fire in his house and they had to move away and live with another relative. Yes, we shared this with people we know.

  4. Angela Kinder says:

    My family has been through a fire, only 4 days after Christmas- we lost everything. Considering what we’ve been through, I want everyone to know about fire safety.

  5. Jennifer B says:

    Luckily i have never been in a fire,but I had family members that have. yes i will share the info

  6. Jennifer Rote says:

    No, I haven’t and I don’t personally know anyone that has.

  7. Jerri Davis says:

    Yes Lots of people here have fires, and our National Forest has been on fire. Thank You. Jerri Davis

  8. carole says:

    my mother had a bad fire about 15 years ago…thankfully noone was hurt

  9. Cindi says:

    Lightening hit our very old home, during a
    bad thunderstorm. It hit the power line up to the attic and started a fire up there…Besides, damaging
    all of the appliances, the wallpaper in an upstairs
    bedroom, all of our family were fine, including our
    pets! Thanks, Cindi

  10. Rae Higgins says:

    I will share this info with family and friends. A friends house burnt to the ground.

  11. Mary Williams says:

    My mom was in a house fire when she was little, they lost everything.

  12. debbie jackson says:

    my niece had a fire so I will definitely share

  13. Jessica says:

    I have not experienced a fire luckily.

  14. Eloise Carlson says:

    I will definitely share this information with my family and friends. Personally, I do not know anyone who has gone through a fire, but have heard many, many stories of loss from fires. Thanks so much for hosting this great giveaway!

    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  15. Meaghan moreau says:

    When I was little I had a sleep over and one of my friends was afraid of the dark so she put a crochet blanket over a lamp for a nightlight and while we were sleeping the blanket caught on fire. Luckily my parents were awake in the front room and smelled the smoke and prevented what could have been a scary situation.

  16. D Schmidt says:

    We have no experienced one but its something I obsess over often.

  17. Lisa Brown says:

    I would definitely share it with family

  18. amy guillaume linderman says:

    i would totally share what i learn with my family….

  19. amy guillaume linderman says:

    a house 2 doors down…soooo scary to see

  20. Betsy Rubendall Barnes says:

    When I was 11 years old, our house house was struck by lightening and caused a fire. We all were ok and had little damage, however, I am very up to date on my smoke detectors etc. and we discuss safety all the time :)