H&R Block Emerald Advance Program & $300 Mastercard G.C #Giveaway
In today’s economy people are looking for ways save money as well as ways to earn it. Even with the recent announcement of Hostess closing it’s doors so many family’s are going to be out of work and on the unemployment line. My husband works seasonal so I know what it’s like having to live off of unemployment for 5-6 months out of the year, it’s certainly not an easy task. H&R Block knows times are tough and everyone can use a little bit of help and that’s why they’ve created H&R Block’s Emerald Advance service.
H&R Block’s Emerald Advance service can provide you with money to help you get through the holidays. You can use the extra money for gifts, travel expenses to visit family over the Holidays, home repairs, car repairs, what ever you need it for. You could be eligible for up to $1,000 without having to jump through lots of hoops. Apply starting November 19th and receive your cash advance in time for the holidays. You can feel good about relying on a financial expert you can trust all year – so you can do more celebrating and less worrying about a empty bank account!
What could you do with a cash advance? Sometimes just a little bit of cash can make all the difference.
Details on H&R Block Emerald Advance:
- Starting November 19th, apply to get up to $1000 cash in time for the holidays
- All you need to apply is a valid photo ID and your most recent pay stub (no W2 form required!)
- You don’t already need to be an H&R Block client to apply
When shopping this holiday season here’s a few tips I learned over the past few years to help me save money and get the gifts my kids really want.
- Watch for Sales : Whether your an online shopper or love to shop with the crowds keep your eyes on the sale ads. Sales make all the difference when your trying to save money. Never pay full price.
- Compare prices when you shop and watch for free Ad on’s: Lets say you want to buy and Xbox Kinect Gaming system ( Popular Gaming system reaching over 19,000 million sold) and you found it on sale for $250.00 at Toys R Us with only 2 games. Then you see its on sale for the same price at Best Buy but they are offering a $20 gift card with your purchase. You go to Best Buy
- Shop on Friday afternoon: Why? Because this is when you’ll find that hard to find “must have” Hot Toy item. Stores are stocking up for Friday and Saturday shoppers and most of the time this is when you’ll find what you need.
- Use Coupons: Manufacturers are offering money saving coupons online and in weekly sales ads. Sale price + $ saving coupon = More money in your pocket.
- 2 For 1 offers: Watch for 2 for 1 offers. Even if you think you don’t need two of something you can always check with a friend to go in on the offer or donate the other item to charity. Remember organizations like Toys 4 Tots, local hospitals and many stores are taking donations for the less fortunate. You could make a big difference in a child Christmas this year.
- Shop Clearance isles and discount stores: Find a lot of great gift ideas on clearance racks and at discount stores.
- Avoid using credit cards: I know it’s so easy to do pulling out the plastic and letting them swipe your purchase. The one thing you need to remember is that the still bill comes. So easy to go into credit card debit to avoid this use prepaid charge cards. Set your budget and don’t go over it. You’ll be much happier come New Years Eve.
While we all want to have a Merry Christmas just remember one thing, there’s nothing better than spending time with those you love even if it means not exchanging presents. Flying across the miles just to spend time with those you love can mean so much more than gift giving. I haven’t seen my sister and her son in over 2 years and I’m so excited she’s coming in for the Holidays.
If you or someone you know is looking for extra cash or can use a cash advance this holiday season please let them know about H&R Block Emerald Advance Program.
* ~ * ~ * GIVEAWAY ~ * ~ *
Win It: One U.S Reader 18+ will win a $300 Gift card courtesy of H&R Block. (please read full disclaimer)
How to Enter: Please log into the rafflecopter below using your Facebook I.D to keep track of your entries or your email address so I can contact you if you win.
disclosure: H&R Block has provided the $300 gift card for the winner of this giveaway. The prize was provided and may be shipped to the winner by H&R Block, but H&R Block is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. All opinions expressed in the post are 100% my own and honest opinion and not those of H&R Block. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. I did not receive compensation for sharing this information or running this promotion.