School is in full session and now that the colder weather is here kids are wearing sweaters, hats, scarf’s, and jackets. The dreaded letter comes home. Head lice has been spotted in your child’s classroom. You pull your kid over and cautiously look through their head. If you have a boy you contemplate shaving his head just because. If you have a daughter with long hair your terrified. I am very familiar with the case scenario. One year my daughter caught headlice 3x’s. Boy was I mad. Days of combing, washing, separating, scanning, packing up her stuffed animals, dolls anything and everything I though headlice could live on and pack it in the garage for a month. Usually they say 2 weeks but I wasn’t taking any chances with head louse living and coming back into my home and worse me catching them, too. I’m itchy just thinking about it.
When I heard about Lice Shield I wanted a bottle to keep in the house “just in case”. Having three kids in the school system the chances of one of them catching head lice is greater. Thankfully it’s been 2 years since we’ve had notices come home but you just never know.
Head Lice Myths
- Catching head lice is not associated with poor hygiene. Whether your hair is clean or dirty they love it just the same.
- Head lice can’t jump or fly or swim for that matter.
- Head lice is transferred by direct contact head to head, or hat to head, or chair to head. (yes they can live on surfaces for a short time)
- Children with shorter hair are just as likely to catch head lice as those with long hair
- You can only catch head lice from humans, so don’t worry about passing it on to your pets
- Itching is not always a sign of head lice infestation as only around 30% of people suffer from itching cause by head lice- it is an allergy to the lice that causes the itch
7 Easy Steps to get rid of Head Lice Nits
- Treat infested person immediately with suitable anti-lice agents.
- Live are nothing to be ashamed of. Immediately inform nursery, school officials, and contact friends and family of the infested person so they too can be on the look out for these pesky head critters.
- Check other potentially infested people for live with a lice comb. Treat if required.
- For those not infected use Live Shield Shampoo and Conditioner in 1 or Leave in Spray for prevention. Lice Shield is a line of hair care products specially formulated with a blend of natural essential oils to repel lice
- Regularly check infested people with lice comb
- Head live are not able to survive off the scalp for long so while it’s possible to catch them from clothing such as hats and bedding, its extremely unlikely. Wash all bedding and clothes at 140 degrees F.
- Even if there is no head lice warning you can use Lice Shield Shampoo and conditioner in 1 or leave in spray for everyday hair washing and hair care to help prevent head lice infestation.
Lice Shield is Available at CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Rite Aid stores.
Stop Spreading these Parasites. Protect the people not yet infested by using Lice Shield products!
Gratefully we haven’t had any letters come home yet this year but I’m glad I’m fully prepared to combat them should they happen to come into our school. You can find out where head lice have been by registering for lice app alerts through Lice Shield Facebook page.
Received a warning note sent home from school? Seeing a lot of new crewcuts and ponytails? If you are worried about lice in your neighborhood, let us know about it! We’re helping to keep track of head lice across the country with Lice Watch.
School lice outbreaks are a fact of life, but by using Lice Shield, you can reduce the risk of infestation. Lice Shield is a line of hair care products formulated with essential oils scientifically shown to repel head lice. So if you’re concerned about head lice in your area, simply let us know using the form below for a chance to win some Lice Shield products.
Help us keep America lice free!
~ * ~ * GIVEAWAY * ~ * ~
Win it: 5 Readers of the Night owl mama will win Lice Shield Kit
How to enter: Log into the Rafflecopter below with your Facebook I.D (to keep track of your entries) or your email address so I know who to contact if you win.
disclosure: I receved a product sample to facilitate this promotional review. Thoughts are 100% my own. Details on headlice provided by lice shield