Have you been thinking about returning to school? I graduated high school back in ’87 and started college when my oldest son was in kindergarten. I attended full-time for 3 years but I didn’t earn a degree. I dropped out of college when a family emergency and the opportunity to adopted my niece was presented. Things were hard enough being a single mom attending college with a 11 year old but now having a newborn and driving back and forth to school, and having to hunting down sitters or having to pay for them on 1 income I just couldn’t do it. I feel bad about not finishing college and have always thought about going back especially because I’d would love to learn how to learn more about social networking, SEO, and how to design a blog. With online college options such as Ivy Bridge College returning to college will no longer be a possibility but it could be a reality.
I’m still paying for my son’s college tuition so money is really tight. On my income right now I’m just making the minimum payment. On the rate of that loan I could be paying for the next 10 years. I’d love to earn a higher income get that paid off sooner and improve all our lives. Ivy Bridge College is a great option for moms seeking a college degree because of their focus on helping moms succeed by offering great support services, flexible scheduling, the ability to earn an associate’s degree in as little as 17 months, and the ability to seamlessly transfer to “name brand” 4-year schools to earn a bachelor’s.
IBC is designed for students to earn their associate’s degree at the ecampus and then seamlessly transfer to over 150 “name brand” partner schools, including Arizona State University, the University of Maryland, Pace University, Pepperdine University, Rutgers University, George Mason University, among others.
- After earning an associate’s degree many students choose to pursue a 4-year degree, but transferring from other two-year schools can be a very complicated process. Students often waste credits, time and money on courses that ultimately won’t transfer.
- Ivy Bridge College solves this problem by establishing clearly articulated transfer agreements with each of their partner schools to eliminate this headache. They have mapped out success paths so their students aren’t wasting time or money. To see all of IBC’s partner schools, click here: http://ivybridge.tiffin.edu/transfer-programs/partneruniversities
- IBC costs less than 1/3 of what it costs to attend other private schools (as per the College Board)
- People who hold an associate’s degree on average earn 20% more and those with a bachelor’s earn 65% more than those with only a high school diploma
Degree programs offered at IBC are:
- Computer & IT
- General Studies
- Healthcare Administration
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement
- Sports Management
Ivy Bridge College is a great choice in pursuing higher education for Moms. Whether you are thinking on returning to school or someone you know be be sure to check out Ivy Bridge College and see all they have to offer. Not planning on returning to school but know someone who is share the once in a lifetime opportunity to earn a $1000 tuition discount Giveaway right here on the Night Owl Mama. Offer available for a limited time. See details below.
~ * ~ GIVEAWAY ~ * ~
Win it: *One Reader of the Night owl Mama will win a $1000 tuition discount Winner will be drawn on 23rd! To be eligible for the $1,000 discount off tuition at Ivy Bridge College (IBC), the qualifying individuals will need to be degree seeking, enrolled in IBC a minimum of part-time, and new to IBC (specifically, not someone who has already applied to, enrolled in, or requested information from IBC). Classes at Ivy Bridge College Extension are not eligible for the discount. Limit one per person.The tuition discount is valid through September 1, 2013.
How to enter:
1. Comment below on why you would like to return to school. What type of classes you would like to take and/or what degree you are interested in pursuing. (you don’t have to be super specific I just what like to know why you would like to return to school.)
2. Share via any social network option below: On Facebook, Twitter, Goggle plus ect.
*Please note there are Only 2 entries available for this contest to keep things fair for all.
disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Ivy Bridge College. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating and a discount on classes at Ivy Bridge College.
rules: Giveaway open to US mailing addresses only. Not valid for returning students must be a new register. Not valid in any other location. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Must be 18 yrs or older to enter. Giveaway ends Jan 23, 2013 at 11:59pm EST. Rules must be followed and required entry must be answered. All entries of winner pulled will be validated for winning. If I find that I can’t verify an entry or 1 is invalid I simply draw a NEW Winner. Winner is selected using Random.org and will be emailed and given 72 hours to respond. In the event of no response a new winner will be chosen. Prize fulfillment comes directly from participating pr and not from blogger. Owner and writer of this Blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment or lost or stolen prizes. Once I email the sponsor your information it is up to the sponsor to fulfill the prize. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. In this case a new winner will be chosen. Winner will be contacted by sponsor and award prize. In the event that a prize is not received I will do all possible to contact the sponsor and work through for a solution. By entering this giveaway you agree to have read these rules. if you have any questions please contact me by clicking the envelope on the side bar to email me. Please note: Prize has no cash out value and will only be awarded as discounted tuition.