I was very excited when Tricia asked me to guest post on her blog. I wanted to share a fun, festive and healthy recipe, so I decided to break out my favorite ingredient – pumpkin! I love baking with pumpkin because it’s incredibly healthy! 100grams provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol; yet, it is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins.
My recipe was originally inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest, because it was listed in grams (and I love using my EatSmart Kitchen Scale – and it looked pretty tasty. I decided to leave out the eggs and use almond milk and dairy free chocolate chips to make it a “vegan” dish.
I have made this two times since, using regular 2% milk, honey instead of agave and Nestle dark chocolate chips and it came out great! (Keep in mind you can no longer use the “vegan” term if you use any dairy products.) Regardless, it’s a great treat to have around the house in place of processed cookies, cakes or brownies and it’s very easy (and quick!) to make.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 366 grams Pumpkin (1.5 cups)
- 98 grams Rolled Oats (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 140 grams Agave Nectar (1/2 cup) * Feel free to use maple syrup or honey
- 175 grams Whole Wheat Flour (1.5 cups)
- 7 grams Baking Soda (1 tablespoon)
- 3 grams Salt (Sprinkle)
- 2 grams Cinnamon (Sprinkle)
- 3 grams Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
- 155 grams Dark Chocolate Chips (1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together by hand in mixing bowl
3. Grease 9x13inch baking pan
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes – until toothpick comes out clean
About the Author: Karen Welby is a Certified Holistic Health Coach, Running Coach and Personal Trainer. Run With Nutrition is a compilation of recipes, workouts, healthy living tips, food, fitness and fun! As a former Collegiate Track and Field Middle Distance Runner turned Health Coach and Personal Trainer, Karen shares how to make simple lifestyle tweaks via nutrition and exercise to feel better – and run faster! She can be found on Twitter (@coach_karenw), Facebook (Run with Nutrition) and Pinterest (coachkarenw).
I want to Thank Karen for taking the time to share a wonderful tasty recipe with my readers.
I would love to hear your thoughts if you give this recipe a try