Choosing the right school for your child can be a important task for parents. We look for specific things we want in a school to make sure our children get the best education that the school system has to offer. While it may not always be possible to give our children the very best, making sure they get a good quality education can go on to improve the quality of learning for their future and that’s why I want to tell you about The Gardner Schools, academically focused preschool program bringing education to the greater Chicagoland area.
About The Gardner Schools
The Gardner School is a private, academically focused preschool children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. Their educational philosophy encourages a learning environment that stimulates and nurtures children’s growth and development. Understanding that each child is unique, our teaching philosophy incorporates structured activities, while remaining flexible enough to foster self-discovery that will help each child explore and learn at his or her own pace.
Qualifications: All lead teachers have four-year degrees in childhood education or a related field and are subjected to stringent background checks. This high standard is one of many that sets TGS apart
Curriculum: Curriculum: The curriculum for preschoolers (ages 3-5), The DLM Childhood Express, offers comprehensive, child-centered learning based on the latest neuroscience research surrounding early brain development. This includes daily read alouds, a non-fiction focus to build context and vocabulary, phonological awareness through rhymes and songs, “how-to” science investigations, math and science manipulatives and social-emotional instruction to develop interpersonal skills. The curriculum was
intentionally designed to address key state and national early childhood guidelines, providing top-notch oral language skills, math readiness, writing skills, phonological awareness (alphabet knowledge) and effective multicultural teaching for students who speak a different language in the home.
Enrichment Programs: The Gardner School offers focused, specialized
enrichment programs that give students an in-depth study of the arts in a small group setting. Unlike many preschools, The Gardner School employs enrichment teachers who have received a degree or formal training in their specialized fields. These programs are held in our dedicated Enrichment Studio and include:
• Be Smart Kids, a computer-aided learning curriculum that mixes proven learning techniques with contemporary computer technology and adult/child interaction to stimulate every area of the brain during the life stage when children learn best.
• Dance and Ballet, which teaches ballet positions, technique, stretches and vocabulary while building strength. These classes also teach basic tap and hip hop dance steps, and they give students invaluable experience performing in an annual dance recital.
• Gymnastics, which teaches vault jumps, tumbling, bar positions, how to walk the beam and a multitude of stretches. Children will practice for the annual exhibition performance at the end of the year.
• Music and Drama, a program that introduces children to instruments and rhythm, as well as expression through puppetry and theater. This programs ends with an annual production. In the past, these have included Annie, The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music.
• Martial Arts, a course taught by black belts that includes basic karate skills and drills.
• Foreign Languages, including Spanish and Mandarin. These classes provide lessons appropriate for preschoolers that are organized by topics familiar to the the child, such as colors, clothing, food, family and animals. Lessons include games, puzzles, songs, chants and writing activities.
Age-Appropriate learning: The Gardner School teaches The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos in the younger classes. The
curriculum is based on nurturing, consistent and loving experiences that appropriately challenge young children. In this environment, they teach children to trust and joyfully explore their surroundings so that they can develop a strong sense of self-confidence. For infants and toddlers, this includes lessons in American Sign Language and Itsy, Bitsy Yoga.
School Safety- Safe and Secure: The multi-million dollar, state-of-the-art facilities at The Gardner School include high-tech security features like an internal monitoring system, cameras in every classroom and a four-digit pass code system required for entry. They place safety and security at the top of their priority list, and even the most discerning parents have been impressed by the schools’ safety standards.
I am impressed that these schools have such wonderful security features. In light of many recent news events keeping our children safe in schools really needs to be a top priority for the education system. Don’t you think?
Brand new Chicago Area Locations Opening soon:
Childhood learning programs are for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- The Gardner School of Warrenville, Il will open in February, 2013
- The Gardner School of Chicago – West Loop Campus Location (West Madison Street) will open in March, 2013
- The Gardner School of Glenview, Il will open in October, 2013
- The Gardner School of Chicago – Bucktown Campus will open in November, 2013
Hours of Operation: most locations are usually open from 6:30am – 6:30pm
Other Locations: Currently 7 schools located in Tennessee, Ohio and Kentucky.
If you’d like more information on The Gardner Schools academically focused preschool program please visit their website at www.thegardnerschool.com website or connect socially:
The Gardner Schools on Facebook: The Gardner School
The Gardner Schools on Twitter: @tgs_chicago
Disclosure: This post has been compensated and sponsored by Gardner schools. Information has been provided by the sponsor and Thoughts added are 100% my own