My daughter had perfect attendance until she caught the flu right before Christmas. She was out school 7 days and will never get back those valuable hours of education she missed. Sickness was at an all time high in my son’s first grade classroom too. There was one day he said they only had 10 kids in the class, that’s more than half out for illness. This year has been one of the most active flu seasons that we’ve had in years. By educating our children on the importance of washing their hands and using hand sanitizer we can effectively keep germs at their distance and have less days out of school for illness and reduce absenteeism and improve student performance. The Healthy Schools Project program helps motivate students, teachers and staff to practice good hand hygiene – and be aware of the germs around them.
An integral part of the project is the Healthy Classroom Station, which utilizes a durable, kid-friendly caddy to keep hand sanitizer, tissue and kid-safe surface wipes right at kids’ fingertips in the classroom or lunch room, making them more likely to be used, and helping students develop healthy habits for a lifetime.
Healthy Classroom Station, includes:
- Classroom Caddy
- KLEENEX® Moisturizing Foam Hand Sanitizer
- KLEENEX® Anti-Viral Facial Tissue
- SCOTT® Surface Wipes
- 1 The Healthy Schools Project* Brochure
- 1 Healthy Classroom Station Flyer
- 3 Germ-awareness Clings
- 1 Hand Washing Poster
The programs are designed for every education level. From kindergarten, through grade school, onto high school and continuing through college.
Hot Spots that harbor the most germs and Facts:
- Germ shredding starts up to three days before someone feels sick, putting others at risk without even know it
- Water Fountains handles are among the top five “germiest” touch points in the school
- The average desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than the average toilet seat (that’s gross)
- Door handles one of the most touched surfaces
- Viruses can live from 24 to 48 hours on surfaces
- Fingers carrying a flu virus can contaminate up to 7 clean surfaces
Illnesses impact everyone. If your child contracts germs at school they can bring those germs home to family members and soon everyone can become sick. I’m sure you’ve experienced this in the past. When your kids are home sick you need to take time off of work to care for them and end up losing valuable income. Share this valuable resource information with your child’s school and/or Teacher.
The stations can be ordered by schools via their normal facilities supply distribution channels, and are now also available direct to parents and teachers through www.Amazon.com/
For more information about these products and otehr solutions for your school, visit http://WWW.thehealthyschoolsproject.com.
diclosure: I was provided with a healthy classroom station for the purpose of sharing this valuable information. No other compensation was provided.