Swim My Little Fishy Swim

ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

It’s amazing what a summer can do for kids. My son started to swim a little bit last summer. My brother Johnny gave him about an hours with of lessons in his pool and ever since then he’s been swimming better and better each time he gets in the pool. He’s swimming like a little fish.

Just Look at him!!
g-swimming

and of course he needs goggles when he’s swimming for buried treasure

swimming-face-mask

I can’t believe he has no fear. He jumps off the diving board swims to the side and goes again.

swimming-seven

He’s going to do some amazing things when he grows up cause he already is doing great things that empress me every day.

I can’t believe how much he’s growing and how fast he catches on to things. He really has a desire to learn and to be the best at everything he does. He makes me so proud. From coming home with a first place trophy in BMX racing to learning to roller blade in one day(he taught himself). Next year we are embarking on a new adventure in Go Kart racing for him and I just know he’s going to be amazing!!

You may also like...

27 Responses

1. Colleen says:

Congrats to him! I got my daughter to go to two swimming lessons before she completely disagreed to go to another one. She is almost there when it comes to swimming SIGH. Maybe next summer will be ours. So glad he is doing such a great job, makes it a little less nerve wracking on mom!

2. Lisa says:

I’m going to be signing Will up for lessons.

3. What a great job! Looks like he’s doing fantastic!

4. I love being able to celebrate victories with our children! Way to go little man!!

5. Kathleen says:

Yay! He is doing a fantastic job. Living in Florida, learning to swim was one of the first things my boys did.

6. Lolo says:

Being able to swim is such an important life skill to know!

7. Stefanie says:

That’s awesome! My daughter is still learning to swim. We need to get in the water more.

8. That is awesome, best part of summer is swimming.

9. That’s awesome! Those diving boards scare me!

10. courtney says:

He’s like merman! Look at him go! Go karts sound so fun!! There’s nothing better than watching your child learn and enjoy!

11. He looks like a great swimmer. Sadly myself and no one in my family knows how to swim.

12. That’s awesome that he’s taken to the water so well this summer. Sometimes all you need is a lot of practice!

13. Sarah L says:

My mother was a PE teacher and taught my sister and I to swim almost before we could walk.

14. HilLesha says:

My son and I both need to learn how to swim. 😀

15. Tammy says:

So great that he learned to swim! Even though it’s fun and great for cooling off, I think swimming is a life skill and everyone should know how.

16. Amber K says:

What a great job! I’m hoping my son will take to swimming like the others have – he tends to panic (and sink)

17. vickie couturier says:

Wow,,they grow up so fast,,we took my grandson to the beach this past week,he is only 7 months old,he didn’t like it but he loved the pool,,he was kicking an splashing,so I believe he will excel in swimming when the time is right

18. Marcie W. says:

Hooray for your son! Something very similar happened with my oldest (9) and all of a sudden she’s jumping in and diving underwater like a pro!

19. Sarah L says:

I think all kids should learn to swim. Looks like your son enjoys it.

20. trisha says:

He looks like he is doing fantastic!