Room On The Broom Games app & Book with Plush Prize Pack
Currently the schools are challenging kids to read 15-30 minutes a day. While I love reading to my children and see the passion in their eyes when they listen as I point to the words and they read along. I know one day they’ll be reading to me and that’s exciting. Room on the Broom Book from from Penguin Group is the perfect book not only for the Halloween Holiday season, but there’s also an fun Room On the Broom Game App for kids ages 3-7 yrs old will enjoy.
Here’s information I received about the app:
There’s room on the broom for everyone in this high quality game app for 3–7-year-olds, featuring beautiful design based on Alex Scheffler’s original illustrations. Offering children a safe, entertaining and interactive experience they can enjoy time and time again, Room on the Broom Games provides eight imaginative activities that players can interact and explore within, while practicing early learning skills such as counting, creativity and literacy. Collectively, the games explore the world of Room on the Broom, complementing the experience of reading the book and watching the film. Key characters are featured and players get to help them fly, eat and explore their world. Designed to ensure players and parents feel comfortable and safe in the digital space, there are no in-app purchases.
The new Room on the Broom Games interactive app is available through the iTunes store for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod Touch; and on GooglePlay and Amazon for Android devices, priced at $4.99.
Play with your favorite characters—Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog and Dragon in these magical games:
- Join the stars – Fly through the air and connect all the sparkly stars to find the right image!
- Find the hat – The Witch has lost her hat! Is it behind the tree? Help Dog find the hat in the woods.
- Windy day collecting game – It’s a windy day and Cat needs help collecting a few things, will you help? Be careful not to miss them!
- Find the bow – The Witch has lost her bow! Is it in the hay? Help Bird find the bow in the field.
- Find the wand – The Witch has lost her wand! Is it under the lily pad? Help Frog find the wand in the pond.
- Drawing with stars – Light up your imagination by creating pictures in the night sky. Place the numbered stars where you wish and watch the witch transform it into a dot-to-dot picture.
- Dragon loves fries – The Dragon is hungry and is planning to have fries for his dinner! Feed the dragon fries and avoid the other falling objects from the sky!
- Fly the magnificent broom – Whoosh! Join the gang on the magnificent broom and fly through the starry night sky. Take control and steer the broom to collect letters, which spell out a word!
We were sent Room on the Broom book from Penguin Group and the Plush Witch. My kindergartner was excited to have me read aloud to him. As I began to read this rhyming tale my son smiled from ear to ear. The book is about a friendly witch who’s a bit clumsy and drops things as she goes for a ride on her broom. With each item that falls a new friend finds it and all they ask for is a ride on her broom. Near the end of the story the witches broom breaks and she finds her self in a terrible fate. Will the friendship’s that she made from her animal friends prove to save her in the end?
To find out what happens next you’ll have to get the book. It’s a delightful story that has a ending that will have you laugh out loud and smile from ear to ear. My son says his favorite part is when the dog goes for a ride on the broom with the witch and other characters. He wants to read it again and again.
Watch a special Halloween Broadcast airing of Room on the Broom. This multiple award-winning animated movie in its first U.S. broadcast slots on 24-hour preschool network Sprout, airing on Oct 30, 31, Nov 29 and Dec 7.
Visit The Room on the Broom website for some fun FREE activities including how to make your own wand, a “can you find” challenge, help Witch through the maze to find her bow, and a fun word search puzzle.
Room on Broom Book Hardcover (SRP: $16.99) and Board Book (SRP: $6.99) versions are available wherever books are sold.
Room on the Broom plush from Kids Preferred, available at barnesandnoble.com. Witch, Dragon and Cat are perfect for kids of all ages. These surface-washable, soft and moveable plush, help kids to bring the classic story to life with their own twists and imagination. The lovable Witch is 15 inches (SRP: $12.95), Dragon is 8 inches and Cat is 7.5 inches (pricing currently unavailable).
Room on the Broom DVD from NCircle Entertainment, available at Barnes & Noble, Target and Walmart, Toys”R”Us, amazon.com, Kmart (SRP: $9.99).
~ * ~ GIVEAWAY ~ * ~
WIN IT: One Reader of the Night owl Mama will win a Room on the Broom Book and Plush.
How To Enter: Log into the rafflecopter below using your Facebook I.d Or your email address. Complete as many entries as you can to increase your chances of winning.