Holiday gift lists are getting longer and the bills keep rolling in. Making ends meet can be a struggle for many of us during this Holiday season but don’t let that get you down. Everyone can use some Holiday Money Saving Tips and I have four I’d like to share with you.
1. Always shop sales: Never shop without a sales ad. Whether your a Black Friday Shopper or a Bargain hunter it’s always important to shop around for the best sales price. Why pay more when you can keep the cash in your pocket.
2. Shop-online: Using sites like Ebates and MyPoints are great sites to earn cash back on your on-line purchases even on sale items purchased. I never shop online without shopping through one of those sites first and going through their link to earn a percentage % of money spent back in cash savings.
3. Shop within your budget- Always set your budget limit before going shopping. It’s easy to spend more than you have on the things you want but it’s not easy to make up the difference once it’s already spent.
4. Shop on Friday afternoon: Why? Because this is when you’ll find that hard to find “must have” Hot Toy item. Stores are stocking up for Friday and Saturday shoppers and most of the time this is when you’ll find what you need.
Use Coupons: Manufacturers are offering money saving coupons online and in weekly sales ads. Sale price + $ saving coupon = More money in your pocket.
5. 2 For 1 offers: Watch for 2 for 1 offers. Even if you think you don’t need two of something you can always check with a friend to go in on the offer or donate the other item to charity. Remember organizations like Toys 4 Tots, local hospitals and many stores are taking donations for the less fortunate. You could make a big difference in a child Christmas this year.
6. Shop Clearance isles and discount stores: Find a lot of great gift ideas on clearance racks and at discount stores.
7. Avoid using credit cards: I know it’s so easy to do pulling out the plastic and letting them swipe your purchase. The one thing you need to remember is that the bill still comes. Don’t go into credit card debit avoid using your credit card and use prepaid charge cards.
8. Set your budget and don’t go over it. You’ll be much happier come New Years Eve.
While we all want to have a Merry Christmas just remember one thing, there’s nothing better than spending time with those you love even if it means not exchanging presents. Flying across the miles just to spend time with those you love can mean so much more than gift giving. I haven’t seen my sister and her son in over 2 years and I’m so excited she’s coming in for the Holidays.
After Holiday’s are over we always look forward to filing taxes. It’s a great way to pay down the past years debt and get a bit of relief to pay mortgage during lay-off season. My husband’s laid off from November – April and money is always tight. Having a great program like H&R Block’s Emerald’s Advance available will make getting through Gift giving season and rough times a little bit easier.
Details on the H&R Block Emerald Advance line of credit:
- H&R Block will begin accepting applications in offices November 25th so set up your appointment today!
- All you need to apply is an unexpired government-issued photo ID and your most recent pay stub (no W2 form required!)
- You don’t already need to be an H&R Block client to apply
- The Emerald Advance is a line of credit you can draw from as you need it. You can use it year-round for unexpected expenses and other short-term credit needs. It’s that easy!
H&R Block has asked me to help promote the Emerald Advance Line of Credit. The prize was provided and may be shipped to the winner by H&R Block, but all opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of H&R Block. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random
To learn more about H&R Block Emerald Advance line of credit and/or to make an appointment in order to apply in a participating H&R Block office from November 25 to January 15, 2013. please visit H&R Block Emerald Advance .
~ * ~ Giveaway ~ * ~
Win It: One reader of the Night Owl Mama or participating blogs will win (1) $300 Gift card Courtesy of H&R Block
How to Enter: Log into the Rafflecopter below by using your Facebook Id or your email address. Complete as many entries as you can to increase your chances of winning.