Is your little one feeling left out of the texting craze? Do they want to message Mommy but too young to have a telephone? Don’t worry Vtech Innotab 3S has a texting app for kids that allows them to message Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, or even Auntie straight from their Innotab 3S with the upgraded version Premium Kid Connect. Kids can message, send photos, voice messages, and more using Premium kid connect. All communication goes right to your phone or electronic device for you to read, listen, smile, laugh and respond. Yes, you can even send a message back for your child to read, listen, and enjoy. Imagine the smiles on their little faces being able to communicate with you when your in another room, away at work, or even out of town.
Recently I shared my thoughts about the Vtech Innotab 3S in a review . After I posted my review we were gifted 1 yr of the Vtech Kid Connect Premium app from Vtech to share out thoughts and test out. Here’s the features at a glance along with our thoughts and experience.
InnoTab 3S is the ONLY children’s learning tablet with VTech Kid Connect.
- VTech Kid Connect is a unique, ground-breaking family communication app that brings families together and helps parents stay connected to their kids when apart – anytime, anywhere!
- With easy-to-use tablet-to-mobile communication, preschoolers as young as three can send voice messages to parents’ smartphones, from a kid-safe, kid-friendly tablet in real time!
- With secure and easy-to-use tablet-to-mobile communication, parents and children can exchange voice and text messages, pictures, drawings and stickers in real time!
- Kids can also send text messages, animated stickers, photos and drawings.
- Parents can sent messages back to their child’s InnoTab 3S, opening up an interactive dialogue.
- Kids can stay connected to their friends and siblings by exchanging messages safely between two InnoTab 3S tablets anywhere in the world (with Wi-Fi), regardless of how far apart they are.
- InnoTab 3S comes with a one year free subscription of Basic Kid Connect, which allows users to send text messages and stickers; a Premium Kid Connect subscription, available on VTech’s Learning Lodge app store, offers the enhanced features of voice messages, photos and drawings.
- InnoTab 3S also features a kid-safe web browser, rechargeable battery and 20 free apps.
Our Thoughts on Premium version of Kid Connect from Innotab 3S:
The basic kids connect was great but my son really wanted more. It offered so much more and a wonderful way for him to express him self directly. He loves sharing photos, and sending me voice messages. Those 2 features alone were enough for me to upgrade the app. He loves telling me he loves me, and sharing photos in the moment. Everytime he shares I share too. Its easy for me to take a photo of myself with my phone and send it right back to him so he can see how happy I was to receive his messages. He’s only 5 yrs old but it really means a lot to him to be able to communicate with me in a way that is comfortable for him. He hasn’t learned to spell yet and even though the stickers allow him to express himself to an extent the voice mail and photo really give him the extra option that he really loves. He always misses me and that makes me sad but by texting me when I’m not home and me communicating with him it makes it so much easier on the both of us.
He can even share voice messages, photos, text messages, stickers and more with others who have connected and downloaded the app but only if I approve the people he messages with. That makes it safe for him and makes me feel comfortable about letting him have this option. He uses this option on the Innotab 3S almost daily. It’s only available on the Innotab 3S and not any other device.
Above you can see my cell phone on the left and the Innotab 3S on the right. Our screens are the same except for the side the little people are on. The little people are icons. One has my face and the others is his. He does’t have to read to know who he’s communicating with he just seems my face and selects that he wants to talk to mommy. As long as he’s in a place where there is Wifi that he can connect to he’ll be able to message me any time he likes.
To listen to his voice message all I have to do is click the little icon and his voice comes right out of my phone. I’m also able to respond with a voice message so he can hear what I’m saying without having to pick up a phone. It’s a great way to communicate with your little one for fun or if your not home. Message and staying connected really is a powerful thing and when your away from home comforting can be so easy. Short messages assures him that I”ll be back soon and he continues to play and have fun until I come back home.
As a special for the holiday season Vtech is dropping the price on the InnoTab 3S has dropped from $99.99 to $79.99 this Holiday season! It’s alright you can say it. YES!!! SCORE!
For more information, visithttp://www.vtechkids.com/kidconnect
~ * ~ Giveaway ~ * ~
Win it: One U.S reader of the Night Owl Mama will win a Vtech Innotab 3S just in time for the Holiday Gift giving season
How To Enter: Log into the Rafflecopter below using your Facebook acct or your email address. Complete as many entries as you can to increase your chances of winning.