Quick and Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup made with Chicken, egg noodles, carrots and celery. Perfect for a cold winters day meal or make in bulk to serve up through out the week or a great after work or school in-between meal. I’ve never made homemade soup before. I’m always ready for quick and easy soup that comes from a can or Roman noodles. But with the weather being so cold I made a big pot of delicious quick and easy homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and I want to make sure I share the recipe so I have a reference to go back to next time I want to make up another batch.
To get started I Googled and looked at several chicken noodle soup recipes. I wanted to get an idea of how it was put together and what I would need. Here’s my version with a mix and my own technique to come up with some of the tastiest quick and easy home made soup ever. Yes I impressed my self. The only thing I wish I would of done differently is take photos along the way. Had I realized that it would be so delicious that I had to share I certainly would of.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 4 Raw Carrots Peeled and cut into 1/2 in slices
- 4 raw celery sticks cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) of Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 Knorr Homestyle stock: chicken
- 3 cans of water (I used the cans from Swanson broth)
- 1 onion cut or diced ( we do not like them but if you do add them)
- seasoning: garlic, black pepper, accent, seasoned salt
1. After cutting the Raw carrots and celery put them in a frying pan with olive oil. Fry them and keep stirring for 5-6 minutes to soften them up but not brown them.
2 Cook the egg noodles as recommended
3. While the Egg noodles cook I then pulled out my George Foreman grill and grilled up the chicken breasts only using a few shakes of the seasoned salt.
4. After check is cooked I then pulled it apart and cut some up into various size bites.
5. Add the vegetables to a large pot. Then pour in both cans of the Swanson broth. Next you’ll want to add 1 Knorr Homestyle chicken stock along with 3 cans of water. Just fill up the Swanson brother cups, they work great.
6. Add seasoning over the top and let continue to pot. Just sprinkle a couple shakes of each over the top. Turn on the heat just enough and wait for it to start it to boil. Approximately 15-25 minutes. I let the vegetables cook and tasted them until I tasted to see if they were cooked all the way through.
7. Then add the cooked chicken in and stir. Let simmer together about another 5-10 minutes.
8. Add noodles. And serve.
The broth was such a really tasty chicken flavor everyone loved it. The only thing I wished is that we had more of it. So perhaps doubling the batch next time there will be plenty extra. Feel free to add more carrots and celery. Doubling up on vegetables will make this Chicken soup recipe even better.
Not bad for my first crack at homemade chicken soup. Enjoy