12 Essentials to Pack for Summer Fun in the Sun
Disclosure: I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
How are you enjoying your summer so far? It’s certainly been a hot one here in Chicago. Staying hydrated and making sure you have your bag packed with essentials for a day in the sun is the key to enjoying your day out with the kids. I put together this list to help you pack for a day in the sun.
1. Snacks- Coming in at the top of our list is healthy snacks the kids and I love. Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem abound snacks are the perfect snacks for a day out with the kids. Whether you’re at the beach or park Gold Emblem Dried Mango, Tropical Blend, Dried Tart Cherries, Sunflower seeds, Raw Natural Almonds, GE Honey Roasted Peanuts are all great snacks to pack. My kids love these healthy options and they stay edible until we are ready to pull them out to snack on.
2. Drinks- You’ll love the wide variety of drinks offered at CVS. The coolers are stocked with refreshing drinks. Remember water is always the best thing to keep you and the kids hydrated but there are refreshing fruit drinks as well as cold colas to choose from.
3. First Aid- Don’t forget the first aid items. You never know when you may need them. Include CVS Health Bandages and itch relief medicated pads for bug bites. I love the medicated pads. I’ve been using them with the kids and my self. They provide instant relief from itch and swelling too. You can use one pad on all the bites and they go along way.
4. Towels- Don’t forget the beach towels. One beach towel for each person and include an extra just in case. You never know when someone will drop a towel in a puddle of water or accidentally into the pool or lake.
5. Protecting your skin from the sun rays is so important. Even on a cloudy day the sun’s rays can beam through the clouds and you can get sunburn. CVS Health Sunscreen is perfect for protecting skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
6. After Sun Care- Always protect your skin after a day in the sun and hydrate your skin with CVS Health Aloe Spray. Perfect for healing skin for days after. We like also put a bottle of CVS Health Aloe Vera in the refrigerator. It provides cool soothing relief to the hot skin when you rub it on.
7. Camera- Bring a camera to record memories of your day. If you are using your phone to take photos and video’s great, if not and you are using a portable camera make sure you bring batteries and that your SD card installed. Nothing worse than taking your camera out to take photos and there’s no SD card installed to save your pictures too. I’ve had that happen on more than one occasion and that’s heartbreaking not to be able to record a special moment or your day.
8. Portable battery charger. Bringing along a portable battery charger is such a smart idea especially if you’re planning on being out from sun up to sundown. You’ll want to make sure you have enough juice in your phone to make phone calls later in the day should you need to.
9. Beach blanket. If you’re not carrying beach chairs with you a beach blankets is great alternative for laying out in the sun. The family can gather on a blanket to hang out, eat snacks, or relax.
10. Plastic ziploc- leave that big bulky purse at home. Bring the essentials like cash or a credit card, hair ties, hair brush, comb, lip balm/ lipstick, hand sanitizer and wipes, and if you need it contact case with solution already inside. Keeping these items all together in a Ziploc will ensure easy quick access when you reach in your bag.
11. Eyewear- Remember to protect your eyes from the sun. Bring sunglasses for everyone or make sure they are wearing them when you head out.
12. Sun Hats- Keep the sun off your head and you’ll be cooler. Having a sun hat or baseball cap for boys is a great way to avoid too much sun on the face. My son has his head shaved so wearing a hat is essential for him to not get sunburn on top of his head.
To make the trip easy and seamless, use the CVS Pharmacy App to order any last minute items you don’t have on hand, and use CVS Curbside Pickup. Use the website or the CVS Pharmacy app to find the nearest location offering CVS Curbside Pickup.
You’ll get your order delivered right to your car and then you can be on your way to the park, lake, beach, walk around town, etc. No time lost and no detours needed!
Don’t forget you can automatically add all your ExtraCare coupons and earn rewards on your CV Curbside order when you sign in on the app. Easy as that.